Menu
mjsamos
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed

Been customer for nearly 18 months and my broadband speed has never been above 50 mbs and it should be nearer 100Mbs. Several excuses during that time, but no improvement. As I near contract end, I notice that BT have installed fibre cabinets and cable right outside my house. As I have never got what I have paid for, I don't see a reason to stay with Virgin. Appreciate comments from Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed

Hi mhsamos, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with slow speeds. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've tested your connection and the only issue I could detect is an issue in your area for low SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels on your area cables.

Our engineers are working to resolve this to the best of their ability, the reference number for this is F005198051 and is currently scheduled to be reviewed around 03/04/17.

Should you require any further updates on this post back here around that date and we'll gladly take a look at things from here for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mjsamos
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No change to speed. Max achieved was 48Mb. I appreciate that you advertise an up to speed, but expectations must be no less than 80Mb given that your roadside cabinet is only 20m from my house. Can you advise what speed you are detecting and at what point. No one has ever looked at the link from the cabinet to the house, maybe problem there? The point is I have been paying for 100Mb service for 15 months, but only received the 50 Mbs service. If you can't​ solve the current problem, perhaps you can switch the service to the 200Mb service and hope to get nearer to the 100Mb. I think you owe me that by now. Appreciate if you treat this as urgent.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there mjsamos,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're still having connection problems. I can see that we're currently working on an SNR issue in your area which will be resolved on the 10th. Will you post back to us with an updated after the 10th and if you're still having difficulties, we will investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
mjsamos
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not sure what you are doing, but speed is worse. Please advise at what point in the whole circuit you are getting an acceptable speed on my line. What is it for instance at the roadside cabinet outside my house. I must insist you resolve the issue now, as from my perspective, you are not fulfilling our contract.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello again mjsamos,

Thanks for a quick reply Smiley Happy

Sorry about the on-going problems you're experiencing. What's the latest from your end? Right now it appears the previous faults have been resolved. Are you able to post some hard-wired speed test results please.

Speak with you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos