Menu
Mandana
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed

Why am I paying £42 for Internet when the speed is 5mb and it gets disconnected every night. We can't even watch a video! And my landline isn't working! I am not happy with you, Virgin media!

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed

Hi there Mandana,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this is irritating.

Would you explain a little more about your set-up please. Are you testing on a wireless or a hard-wired device? If you've previously tested on the Wi-Fi, please test again with an Ethernet cable and post your results. If you don't have a cable, let me know.

With the landline, would you please post on the telephone boards and one of my colleagues will be in touch.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Mandana,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Really sorry to hear that you're experiencing slow speeds, I know this is irritating.

Would you explain a little more about your set-up please. Are you testing on a wireless or a hard-wired device? If you've previously tested on the Wi-Fi, please test again with an Ethernet cable and post your results. If you don't have a cable, let me know.

With the landline, would you please post on the telephone boards and one of my colleagues will be in touch.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.  

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Mandana
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, first of all when I updated my speed from 50 to 70 I thought I was free and now I have an email from virgin media that I have pay extra £3. I haven't been happy with virgin media for the last year but I just haven't had a time to complain. My land line doesn't work. My internet doesn't work very well at night and virgin media is too expensive for what they offer! My landline number is ##############.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mandana

Thanks for the reply.

I've taken a look at your connection and there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003986770 and with a review date of 9th November.

As my colleague Heather mentioned with regards to the disconnections, does this happen through a wired or wireless connection?

With you upgrading your speeds, this would of been through the free speed upgrade and with the email you received for the £3 increase this is in regards to the price change. 

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Cooper1480
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

These forums also needs a THUMB down button. As most of these insipid responses are vacuous & serve no point. Yes seems like you're in an over sold subscription area. That this wont be fixed until we their company actually invest money in the infrastructure instead of just bleeding the company dry. Why still no investment for issues that have existed for nearly 2 years? Can't blame that on the Brexit. 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos