Menu
Teracio
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Speed upgrade takes how long ?

Hello guys,

First post so apologies if there's anything I've missed let me know. 

Basically we upgraded our Virgin Media Broadband speed yesterday from 30 Mbps to 100Mbps, I assumed that it would not take long for the upgrade to come down and the config file be pushed to the Superhub, called 150 and they said it would take a few hours, this morning still has the router set a 30Mbps. 

So how long does this usually take to update ?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed upgrade takes how long ?

Hi Teracio,

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the upgrade. It shouldn't take very long at all and is quite a straight forward process. The hub just needs to download the config file and a reboot usually does that. If not a factory reset will typically get the job done.

I've checked your connection and you are on the new package now, I'm not sure what caused the delay as everything now looks normal from this side.

How are your speeds now? Any improvement?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
AdamSUND2016
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

at the risk of sounding patronising, have you tried rebooting the SH, or even cutting the power to it full stop for 30secs. Sounds like a bland helpdesk thing to say I know, but it can sometimes work, force the SH to re-get config files. It's likely to be one of the first things that VM tell you to do if you ring them so you might as well rule it out Smiley Happy

Teracio
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's alright, I work in 1st line support myself so I know the fury that question can bring. Yes I've been power cycling the SH since last night and just now, still has a config of 30Mbps. Should have mentioned this earlier ! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Teracio
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Bumping this up.

Checked Super Hub again and still not config update pushed through to it today.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Teracio,

Sorry to hear you've had some trouble with the upgrade. It shouldn't take very long at all and is quite a straight forward process. The hub just needs to download the config file and a reboot usually does that. If not a factory reset will typically get the job done.

I've checked your connection and you are on the new package now, I'm not sure what caused the delay as everything now looks normal from this side.

How are your speeds now? Any improvement?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Teracio
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you, the connection now is great and stable. Getting the full 100Mbps even on 5Ghz wireless signals.

It was worth the wait Smiley Wink
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it Teracio Smiley Very Happy

Enjoy your new speeds Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
hanadihallal
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Apparently it is only instant if you upgrade on the phone, and if you upgrade online you have to wait 2 working days for someone to action it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi hanadihallal,

Many thanks for your query.

Has this been sorted for you now?

Let me know if I can assist further,

Nat_J