Menu
Mark65
Dialled in
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Speed still a joke!

Hold on tight Your speed boost is almost ready!
Your connection speed will increase from up to 50Mbps to up to 70Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® 3 - the magic in our cables. Your speed boost will be ready by the end of August 2016.

So the first week of September and I'm still lucky to get 20meg off peak, Ive never had the 50meg as shown, down to 10meg in the evenings, tonight Ive reached the dizzy speed of 8meg and now the cheeky buggers want another £2.99 price rise again from November, its a bloody joke.
Why force speeds and price rises on people that don't need or want it?? or that you cant supply, try getting the service you advertise first to your customers, Ive been with you since you were Telewest 13 years ago, so I think I count as  long standing customer, but all these price rises are a joke, even with your discounts I'm still paying  £19.50  this month for less than 10meg speeds in the evening and as always its the over utilization excuse, which really means our network cant handle the speed we sold you so we need a technical name for our design fault while we keep raising prices for our profit margin. MEH!.

Mark65
Dialled in
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed still a joke!

I wonder if the new price rise is too help Liberty with there new purchase of Formula 1?, the bigger the company grows the less it cares.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

The price rise is just the annual increase that occurs. Usually November is broadband only customers but this year it's all by the looks of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

also if you are unhappy with your speeds, or the price rise, you can leave your contract when the price rises happen without any early disconnection fees.

0 Kudos
Mark65
Dialled in
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya, Ive been with the past and present companies for 13 years, Telewest no problems and great service,Virgin again no problems and good service, Liberty Virgin, price rises, problems, excuses, dont get me wrong the staff try to help solve the problems but I guess these decisions are done at a higher pay grade. Instead of suggesting if your not happy then leave, why not suggest they fix the problem, your advice is a about as helpfull and welcome as a chocolate teapot. Simple pattern here really, not hard to see. Get the basics working properly first then upgrade slowly, I would sooner have a consistantly reliable service thats slower than a magic cable speed that never seems to be achieved, pherhaps virgin should offer a 20 meg speed a a discounted rate, do i need 70 meg?, no, do most people?, probably not, why not ask them rather than ramming speed and price increases at them.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Maybe as much use in your eyes as a chocolate teapot but at the end of the day if you are unhappy with your service, why not move while the opportunity presents itself.

Mark65
Dialled in
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

As you seem to be a Liberty fanboy/fangirl and struggling on why i would like what Im paying for I will explain, I can leave at any time I have not had a contract with them in a very long time, but why leave, they take my money but dont provide the service, if we all do that its like giving money away, if they advertise 50 meg for £30 a month then thats what you should get, not hiding in small print somewhere that its really only 10meg in the evenings and weekends when you really need it. Overutilisation is the constant excuse, are there not highly paid staff that are there to predict growth rates?, its like myself running a private bus service, you buy your tickets and the day to travel comes, sorry you cant get on we have to many people on board but we will sort it soon, then you get on but have to get off a few stops away, months later still waiting but its ok we will give you a bit of your money back. then along comes someone and suggests better get a taxi or another bus mate, but what about the rest of the money that you paid for the service you didnt receive??.

I hope this helps, please dont bother with anymore of your advice or help Im sure there are others to get your post count up with , All I want is what im charged for not excuses.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Ha first time I've been called a fanboy for telling someone to leave, with options on how to do it for free. Think you need to read that definition up Smiley Wink

You do get what you are charged for, an 'up to' service. You can get some credit off as well with your reference number which is roughly proportional to the slower speed duration over the 24hour period.

But as said before, if you are unhappy, take the opportunity the price increase gives you and leave the contract penalty free.

ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Well said that man! Something that many of us have been saying for years.

Mark65 wrote:

@Shafreya, Ive been with the past and present companies for 13 years, Telewest no problems and great service,Virgin again no problems and good service, Liberty Virgin, price rises, problems, excuses, dont get me wrong the staff try to help solve the problems but I guess these decisions are done at a higher pay grade. Instead of suggesting if your not happy then leave, why not suggest they fix the problem, your advice is a about as helpfull and welcome as a chocolate teapot. Simple pattern here really, not hard to see. Get the basics working properly first then upgrade slowly, I would sooner have a consistantly reliable service thats slower than a magic cable speed that never seems to be achieved, pherhaps virgin should offer a 20 meg speed a a discounted rate, do i need 70 meg?, no, do most people?, probably not, why not ask them rather than ramming speed and price increases at them.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Mark65 wrote:

As you seem to be a Liberty fanboy/fangirl and struggling on why i would like what Im paying for I will explain, .... I would think that's fairly obvious, but go ahead anyway.

I can leave at any time I have not had a contract with them in a very long time, but why leave, .... Do tell. 

they take my money but dont provide the service, .... So you're going to stay because they're not providing the service you're paying for?

if we all do that its like giving money away, .... It's not like, you have and you still are.

if they advertise 50 meg for £30 a month then thats what you should get, not hiding in small print somewhere that its really only 10meg in the evenings and weekends when you really need it. .... Totally agree with you on that one. That's why I dumped them and went to BT fibre, I now get exactly what I'm paying for (I know it's not available everywhere but I had the option).

Overutilisation is the constant excuse, are there not highly paid staff that are there to predict growth rates? .... Probably.

its like myself running a private bus service, you buy your tickets and the day to travel comes, sorry you cant get on we have to many people on board but we will sort it soon, then you get on but have to get off a few stops away, months later still waiting but its ok we will give you a bit of your money back. then along comes someone and suggests better get a taxi or another bus mate, .... I wouldn't be happy with you and I'd look for another bus service.

but what about the rest of the money that you paid for the service you didnt receive?? .... It's gone. Virgin have your money and you won't get it back. It's all there in the small print as to why they can get away with it. It shouldn't be allowed, but it is and will continue to be until some legislation is passed to stop it, fact.

I hope this helps, please dont bother with anymore of your advice or help Im sure there are others to get your post count up with , All I want is what im charged for not excuses.

So, in summary: You're happy to keep on paying for something you're not getting because you should be getting it and you haven't, you're damn well going to keep paying for it and complaining till you get it. Any advise as to how you could possibly save some money and get a better service will be ignored.

Good luck with that.