Menu
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 21 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed problems on Dunstable UBR? (area 24)

Why have my post been deleted?

0 Kudos
chrisjw75
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I'm guessing the moderators don't like that Pradeep just put Virgin Media in the path of the Consumer Rights Act, by admitting that Virgin Media is knowingly selling something that is not fit for purpose, and that they don't care..

0 Kudos
chrisjw75
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Just tried to go onto the chat function, and it's showing as not available. Typical.

0 Kudos
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 24 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I guess so

0 Kudos
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 25 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Fortunately I have a saved copy of the transcript which shows how much they care Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 26 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Pradeedp should be available to chat now Smiley LOL

0 Kudos
chrisjw75
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Just spoke to a Brit on the phone. Nice guy. He says all they can do is keep reporting the completion date that the engineers put on the call. When it hits that date, the engineers are likely to just extend it, and that's all that they can report back to us.

The compensation rate is set by Ofcom, so it could be more or less than what we're paying for our broadband (or lack of) service.

The annoying thing is that I have to give 30 days notice to cancel my contract, but they don't have to provide me with a steady service during that time, or at any other time.

0 Kudos
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 28 of 39
Flag for a moderator

I was told by retentions team last night that if it wasn't fixed by the set time of 14:00 today I could cancel broadband there and then. But as we would pay through the nose for remaining phone and tv anyway what's the point!!

0 Kudos
laurens1990
Tuning in
Message 29 of 39
Flag for a moderator

EastRe: Speed problems on Dunstable UBR? (area 24)

I too have been having issues since easter sunday. Phoned up This monday and got told it was just ''peak hour issues'' which I laughed at cause I still had the same horrific 0.50 mbps 'speed' at 2 am - not exactly peak hours.
Phoned up again on Wednesday and was told it would be fixed by thursday at 2pm (they just love that 2pm time) 
Obviously it's still not working today - phoned and they said it would be fixed on the 29th april....so thats two weeks with 0.50mbps.
All they have said is ''sorry'' Sorry aint getting me my 50mbps speed back. I have a part time job I do from home which I can't do. 
There is no service update on the website - so we just have to you know deal with it? Its a joke! ! 

0 Kudos
Hartly1978
Joining in
Message 30 of 39
Flag for a moderator

Re: EastRe: Speed problems on Dunstable UBR? (area 24)

I also brought up the fact that I cannot use my subscription services which I cannot use such as Netflix spotify etc and they dont care

0 Kudos