Menu
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 39 (235 Views)

Re: Speed problems on Dunstable UBR? (area 24)

Now down to 0.56MB, and VM have said that it will be fixed by 1400 tomorrow - as opposed to 0900 yesterday, then 0900 today.

It's also my fault that I didn't report the problem every single day, which is why I'm only being given credit for the days since I reported my own issue, as opposed to the area fault which has been on-going for months.

The levels of customer service are unbelievable. The overseas call centre seems to think that we don't actually use broadband, so if it's not there, it isn't a problem. They don't seem to understand that we have multiple devices connected (PC, tablets, phones, smart tv), and that these devices connect us to the outside world. They certainly can't grasp the concept of legal streaming services, such as amazon and netflix.

It's now so unusable that in order to refresh a single page, I need to create a tethered connection from my phone.

Tuning in
Message 12 of 39 (232 Views)

This is beyond funny now.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 39 (228 Views)

In the words of the President in Independance day...'funny' is not the word i would use to describe the situation...

This is affecting peoples livelihoods, especially if you work remotely from home..

Lots of us customers are very frustrated and angry at the way we are being treated by VM.
Joining in
Message 14 of 39 (208 Views)

I first noticed problems on Easter Sunday afternoon/evening.  By Monday morning, my 100Mb/s connection was running at 0.38Mb/s and a latency of over 1000. I normally get around 90Mb/s at 8am, dropping in the evening. 

Called up Monday and the only issue logged was an over utilisation issue which was first open since January 2015 (I've since been told).  Engineer booked and came out today.  He resolved some unrelated power issues he found but there is a "P3" issue open that had a fix time of 1400 today.

He rang back later and said the current issue was caused by someone rebalancing the network and causing a wider issue by unbalancing things which now needs sorting.  He's going to call me back Monday but I don't hold hope of it being fixed quickly.

Best I've seen since Monday was a brief 5.87Mb/s with a latency of 808. Most times around 0.3Mb/s and I've seen the upload speed above the download speed on several occasions this week (although at 0.3 download upload of 0.4 is not exactly higher!)

Service Status still showing "No known issues".

Currently: Latency 1064ms, Download 0.96Mb/s Upload: failing to complete the test"

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 15 of 39 (200 Views)

I fear this is going to rumble on for some time. Just checked my speed. 0.29 download speed with a ping of 1264 ms. I have also been sent a bill which does not have the discount promised to me for pot broadband speed. Have set time aside on Saturday to cancel my service. It's a shame as I have been a customer for at least 13 years and never really had an issue before.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 39 (175 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

A bit of info, last night around at around 18:47 I tested and it was still at 0.43 Mbps download, however after 20:20 and through to 22:26 it went up to 36.78Mbps download with 10ms latency. However that might have been a gremlin because as of 07:33 today its back to normal speeds of 1.5-2.1 Mbps and 1-1.5sec latency.

Last night when I rang the 150, this time instead of some chap in Bombay it was someone in Ireland (well Irish accent anyway) who was slightly more informative and helpful. I wanted my to downgrade my hub from Sh3 to Sh2 and whilst he was sending a reset I started getting some degree of speed, around 20Mbps and he was quite surprised. According to him the connection should have been down because VM were supposedly still carrying out work which was scheduled to be finished today at 2:00 pm (surprise!  surprise!). He mentioned something about SNR issue.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 17 of 39 (147 Views)

So the 2pm time I was told has come and gone surprise surprise. Did a wired speed test still getting less than half a meg download and a quarter meg upload. Have been told if not fixed I could cancel my broadband due to not receiving acceptable level of service but cant cancel tv and phone. What a joke these people are!

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 18 of 39 (137 Views)

Currently on a live chat and fix time has been set as 29th April at 2pm

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 19 of 39 (134 Views)

I think you may be live chatting to Pinocchio
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 20 of 39 (130 Views)

I think so anyone else have any update?

0 Kudos