Menu
Hightower999
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Speed problem area 30

Just returned to VM on the 50mb broadband. However max speed I've reached when I've run speed test is 16mb with lowest 10mb. This has been the same every night for the last 4 days.

Obviously I'm not getting what I'm paying for. What is the issue and when can I expect to get much nearer the speed I'm paying for
0 Kudos
arnosgrove
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed problem area 30

I'm in area 30 too, but on 100mb broadband. I can't get above 16mb either in the evening - a drastic drop in speeds. A year ago, you could guarantee at least 80mb but those days are long gone.

Never mind, there's a planned speed boost coming that was first announced 18 months ago. Sadly, it keeps getting put back (delayed to May 17 is the latest). They've managed a couple of price increases to pay for this 'improved' service, which is very good of them.

0 Kudos
Hightower999
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hmmm.....funny how they leave this info off there sales pitch!
Are they not offering price reductions due to not achieving promised speeds?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hightower999

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with slow speeds, there seems to be a couple of issues affecting your connection. The first is high transmit power levels from the hub:-

51.5 dBmV        54 dBmV

Best we let an engineer take a look please.

The other issue is high area peak time traffic, we are already aware ref F004812375 and would like to carry out some work to increase capacity, the review date is currently showing 05 APR 2017, please accept our apologies.

I will send you a couple of forum private messages to discuss further, please reply when you have a moment.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Yoshimonster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have had this problem in Area 30 now for over 2 months.

At the beginning of February I upgraded from 50mb to 100mb thinking it would solve my problem, but no, exactly the same, from 4pm up until 11pm at night getting speeds ranging from as low as 6mb upto 16mb (Ethernet). 

I was told after an engineer came out in early Feb it was something they were aware of and it would be fixed by end of February and all I can do is wait till it's resolved.

March - Still exactly the same problem, an engineer has been round only half an hour ago and told me straight away that there would be nothing he can do and a fix should be in place in the next 2-3 weeks!!

I have just been straight back on the phone to customer services who say there isn't any problems in the area (Too funny) but I have now successfully given my 30 days notice to leave Virgin Media after 10+ years without incurring any early leaving charge when I quoted them the Broadband Consumer Rights act....

• All goods and services must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, delivered as described, and provided to a proper standard of workmanship. In other words, your broadband should work. Both you and your broadband provider must comply with the terms on your contract. If you consider your provider to be in breach of the contract - e.g. if you're not being delivered consistent service - you have the right to cancel it.

Don't hold your breath at this being fixed anytime soon. They are constantly changing the date when a fix will be in place, this could continue on for months and months like it has done for me and the lies they tell over the phone to try and stop you from leaving are a disgrace.

Virgin is advertising and promising a service that it cannot currently provide!! 

Yoshimonster
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

At the beginning of February I upgraded from 50mb to 100mb thinking it would solve my problem, but no, exactly the same, from 4pm up until 11pm at night getting speeds ranging from as low as 6mb upto 16mb (Ethernet). 

I was told after an engineer came out in early Feb it was something they were aware of and it would be fixed by end of February and all I can do is wait till it's resolved.

March - Still exactly the same problem, an engineer has been round only half an hour ago and told me straight away that there would be nothing he can do and a fix should be in place in the next 2-3 weeks!!

I have just been straight back on the phone to customer services who say there isn't any problems in the area (Too funny) but I have now successfully given my 30 days notice to leave Virgin Media after 10+ years without incurring any early leaving charge when I quoted them the Broadband Consumer Rights act....

• All goods and services must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, delivered as described, and provided to a proper standard of workmanship. In other words, your broadband should work. Both you and your broadband provider must comply with the terms on your contract. If you consider your provider to be in breach of the contract - e.g. if you're not being delivered consistent service - you have the right to cancel it.

Don't hold your breath at this being fixed anytime soon. They are constantly changing the date when a fix will be in place, this could continue on for months and months like it has done for me and the lies they tell over the phone to try and stop you from leaving are a disgrace.

And Virgin Media. I'd kindly request you do not delete this post again. Attempting to hide the truth is not doing your customers any favours!!

0 Kudos
Yoshimonster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Also down below 2mb in an evening Area 30

Lee

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Tonight....

Ringing Sky to see what they can offer.

Lee

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Yoshimonster,

Really sorry to hear about the fault experienced.

I've located your account and I've not been able to detect any issues in the area concerning the cable that you're currently connected to.

Let me know if I can help with anything more,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos