Menu
Ctrlaltdenied
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed, paying for 200mb. Less than 50

Ok so for the last few days my speed has been abysmal.

To the point I couldn't even stream standard quality Youtube videos and there was visible delay between pages.

I just did a few speed tests across various speed test websites and got speeds ranging from as low as 6mb up to 40 or so. I as generally getting between 20-40mb.

I logged in to my account to see my upgrade to 200mb has been done, yet I am seeing none of these speeds. When everything is in working order I typically have found myself to be getting just over the headline speeds.

Can someone look into this?

I am the only user currently on a wired connection to a PC.

EDIT: Just to add to this, I have seen a marked increase in my upload speeds, sometimes spiking up to 20, but settling at around 15 or so, which is better than the 12mb I had. We just now need to do better on the download speeds!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed, paying for 200mb. Less than 50

Hi Crtlaltdenied

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. It is nice to have new faces here.

Many apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds. I know this can be frustrating.

I've located your account and there are two faults in your area.

1. SNR (signal to noise ratio) fault that is causing intermittent connection. The reference number is F004709918 and with a review date of 2nd September.

2. A high peak time traffic fault which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004150410 and with a review date of 14th September.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ctrlaltdenied
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Still getting slow speeds in this area, any help please?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ctrlaltdenied,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this.

The network fault in your are is still currently on-going with an updated review date of 7th December 2016.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos