Menu
adamscriven86
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed max setting at 57mb, supposed to be on upto 70mb

Hi,

We were told last August that our speed had been upgraded to the 'up to 70mb'.we have never once achieved this speed even in the early hours of the morning.

Now i'm no expert but when the max traffic setting is set at 57mb id say that something isn't quite right, we've been customers of virgin since they took over from Telewest in our area many, many years ago and as of late the broadband has been shocking, with us having to continually have tests run on the line due to is many issues. (at least 3 times a week)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Adam

(Telford area btw)

0 Kudos
Lacrimosaangel
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed max setting at 57mb, supposed to be on upto 70mb

Came here to post the same thing. "up to 70mb" and advertising that we would "normally" be hitting very close to this at most times, yet I've rarely hit about 50Mbps and during "peak" hours, I seem to be dropping towards 25-30, even though virgin media state that download speeds would never be throttled if you're on >30mps

I have been looking at upgrading to the Vivid200 package as I'm a streamer, but it seems pointless if I can't even achieve the supposed limit at 70 :/ 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch with us, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Really sorry to hear that your speeds are falling short at the moment. Can I ask if you're testing your wireless or hard-wired connection? I've performed network tests from our end and I can't seem to identify any obvious faults.

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
adamscriven86
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I have tested it on both wireless and through the ethernet. Since my initial 'rant' things seem to have gotten better. But we still do not get upto 70mb speeds.
I have seen that other people have also had a problem where their hubs have not been configured to the 70mb max speed. We were told my mail and email in August of last year that our speed boost was ready but has never been configured to suit.

Thanks
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can check the max traffic here:
http://192.168.100.1/VmRouterStatus_configuration.asp

if you changed your package like TV that might stop you getting 70Mb

0 Kudos
adamscriven86
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Yeah we changed our package a while ago. My router status says its 57mb, thats why i came on here, Ive seen other people mention it too and have been able to sort it out.
Is there anything we can do?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Package changes can only be done on the current range. 70 is not a current product, 50 is.

My VirginMedia and your contract will confirm you are on 50 as your operational config has already done.

0 Kudos