Menu
ItsTonyB
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues in Wakefield

For the last few weeks I have been getting terrible speeds during the evenings and weekends.

I pay for 100mb and 90% of the time my connection is running at <1mb

Are there any known issues in my area? If this isn't fixed soon I'll be taking ee up on their offer of free 6mb adsl.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issues in Wakefield

From what you've described its over utilization. I'm assuming you get fine speeds morning/after midnight?

If it is Over Utilization then its usually a fairly long wait (~1-2 years) for a fix.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

ItsTonyB
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It does seem OK on a morning when I'm having breakfast. I can't say how it is after midnight as I am usually in bed for 10ppm then back up and out to work at 5.30.

Thanks for your reply. I find it is that they would be pushing everyone through a free speed upgrade if the network is strained.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ItsTonyB,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having connection issues.

I'd like to look into this for you but I can't seem to locate your account. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can grab some details from you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Lxwis
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I also live in Wakefield and have been having issues since I signed up for Virgin Cable back in September. I have the Vivid Gamer 200 Package which is supposed to see speeds of up to 200Mbps but I'm yet to experience what that feels like. I get around 10Mbps down and that's on a good day. Not to mention how irritably poor the customer service team are.

Over-utilisation is apparently the cause in the my area, even though I was told during the sign up process that, with the Vivid Gamer 200 package, my speeds will not slow down. I'm paying a lot per month for a service that cannot be provided.

Hoping this get's fixed sooner rather than later!

0 Kudos
Speedie
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issues since Feb 2015.
0 Kudos
Smogger
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So they actually missold you this package?  They told you that it wouldnt slow your speeds down?  OMG that would be a good one for the papers or OFCOM.

Dont expect it sorted soon, as you will see many people on the forum have had the same issue for 2 years with the promise of a fix that never comes.

0 Kudos