Menu
NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 1 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues awful customer service

Hello,

If you look through my posts I have been chasing this for months on end probably almost a year now... It's getting beyond a joke. 

I have spent 45 minutes on the phone being past around to multiple different reprentatitves to be then told there is no issue and it's my network card which I know full well it isn't because it's a Gigabit Network card and I run Windows and Linux and the speed issues are present in both.

The speeds right now are Ok but soon as peak time comes they drop massively, I am on a 300MB package and I probably get those speeds for 1 hour during the day time and then it just snowballs from there and goes lower and lower.

I have had an Engineer come out that pretty much did nothing, Just replaced the already new Superhub 3.0 and then left (I'm guessing because it was late in the evening), I have been told there will be a fix in the next 2 weeks for almost 6 months now so when is this fix coming?

I get 60MB if i'm lucky in the week and this is at 1am in the morning which should not be considered as peak times because I know full well most of the people in the area are sleeping because they have work the next day, The lines have clearly been oversold and it's getting beyond a joke now... I need this fixing and I don't want a reply of just "It will be fixed in 2 weeks" I want a way to track the fault and know when its being looked at.

Samantha on the Forums was helping me sort the issue and then she got to a point where she no longer replies back even though she has been online multiple times after I have sent the reply.

It looks like no one at Virgin Media actually wants to fix the issue and they are happy to say the issue is my end when I know full well it's not, I have multiple Desktops/Servers with different NIC's running on each of them and they all get around the same speeds.

Virgin Media is a joke... I would understand if this issue was at one address but i've been to 3 different properties and the issue has been present at all of them, But I guess as long as you keep selling packages that's all that matters right? It's clearly an issue with High Utilisation and the network can't handle the traffic past 3PM.

-- I will not be doing a reset of the router (I have done it more times than I can remember because the Customer service representatives say the same thing even though i've told them the router is fine)

-- The SuperHub 3.0 has been replaced already

-- My NIC is a Gigabit (Enough room to handle the speeds)

-- Computer Specs

i7 6700K 4.2GHz

500GB SSD

32GB RAM

-- Tried Router mode, Makes no difference

-- Latency is fine and no packet loss that I have noticed during the slow speeds (Only high latency when I initiate a download that goes over 4Mb/s)

I didn't really want to go down the CISAS route but its looking like I will have to...

croma
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issues awful customer service

Hi, please let us know what response you get  if you go down the CISAS route .

NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 3 of 54
Flag for a moderator

A slight improvement but still very unstable... I will contintue to do these tests until 12PM tonight.

You know when the line has high utilisation because normal traffic shaping would not give me high latency when downloading but downloading at slow speeds makes my latency spike up to 400ms+

In the past when it was solved at another property I was amazed to be downloading at 15MB/s and still having really low latency.

speeds.png

0 Kudos
NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 4 of 54
Flag for a moderator

The final test results... This Broadband package should be 300MB only for 1 hour of the day, So to get anywhere close to my 300MB speeds I have to wait until 1am in the morning.

I wouldn't be so mad but its been almost a year and the issue STILL hasn't been fixed.

speed2.png

0 Kudos
NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 5 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I need someone to reply, I refuse to use the phones as I get asked the same every time and nothing gets fixed.
0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 6 of 54
Flag for a moderator

To save you sanity deal with the forum team here although am not happy with the details they give (noted in my other posts.) Fair play to them and moderators do talk sense..

I have just had the pleasure of trying to phone 150...lol

First time i got automatically cut off as no problem with broadband found

second time i was told 'broadband is superfast no problems' and then switched my router out off modem mode..

All i wanted was an update to the fault code which they had no idea what todo with the code i was trying to give him..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 54
Flag for a moderator

@NathanKent

Sadly the forum team have a 1-2week queue time from your last post in the thread, so you've unwittingly popped yourself to the back of the queue again by replying.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 8 of 54
Flag for a moderator

I've had posts that have not been touched for about 6 months, What sort of ticketing system do they use if replying to a thread puts you at the back of the queue? A pretty bad one...

Also lets not forget I was dealing with Samantha via Private Message and she completely ignored me now... Even though she comes online and more than likely reads my message and just ignores it.

A fault should be sent to the ticketing system and then allocated to someone who will deal with the issue...

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Which posts are those? Looking back for the year you've had a reply from Kev and Samantha:

I'm not privy to what's been said/not said in private messages so can't go off anything else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
NathanKent
Up to speed
Message 10 of 54
Flag for a moderator

Replying is great and Kev was helpful but... Samantha helped and then it got to a point where I had no reply what so ever, I've sent numerous messages for a follow up on what the next steps are to solve the issue and no reply.