Menu
Mikerich1892
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues area 21

For about 3-4 days now, our internet speeds have crashed to well below 2mbps, making it virtually impossible to download or stream anything. Started an 11Gb download at 3pm today, and in nearly 7 hours it has only managed 4Gb.

It seems to be a common issue at the moment judging by the posts in the forum, but I'm wondering if anyone else in area 21 has this issue as the status checker doesn't seem to recognise a problem, even after running the test multiple times.

Or if anyone has any quick fixes any suggestions would be welcome.

th3wu
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issues area 21

We have the same issue as well in area 21, started on 31 Jan.  Weirdly though the service status on the website says there are no known issues.

We should be on 100mb, but we are fluctuating between 5-10mb. Called the helpdesk who did say there is an issue in the area, and they expect it be resolved by January 10 2017! I don't find this to be an acceptable response time.

Virgin still haven't updated the service status on the website or the automated message. Bit poor tbh.

0 Kudos
SiKi
Up to speed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin will never update the service status page with their overloaded network faults, imagine how many customers would be alerted to it that wouldn't have normally realised.

Dont forgot 'its only a small percentage of customers who have this problem' now am no expert in cable network design but am going to guess that a fair few customers are connected to each node.  But then again we wouldn't be in this mess if virgin followed the correct network design procedure so god knows..

0 Kudos
Zackie
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've been averaging about 1mbps for the past 4 days. I've had a couple of chat's with support and I'm told the network issue should be resolved by 12pm on the 11th of Jan.

I think transparency on the issue would go a long way given the fact the online support team divert you to the status pages.

Interestingly enough I had previously tried to sign to Virgin Media but was told there was no capacity in the area. I then tried again a few months later and I managed to get onto the service. I'll leave the latter out there for you to decide what's going on.

0 Kudos
biribenda
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am in area 21 and the speed is 0.2-1.5Mbs since 30th Dec 2016! Appalling!
0 Kudos
Rancid
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just adding to the thread.
Same area (21) same issue...

I made a complaint via VMs complaint procedure and should be getting a reply any day now.
wishful thinking.

Area 21 SW16 crap speeds for 12+ Months... current fault F004332018, Complaint COM101113771 Ignored, VM code of conduct Ignored... Avoid VM at all costs
0 Kudos
dxx26
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Same here. 1 month more and I will be free of vm, I prefer lower speed but more constant.

0 Kudos