Menu
ukbikenut
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed issues WN4 ?

7mb download on a 100mb service.Upload is fine though!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issues WN4 ?

Based on your forum history and posts from others in and around Wigan it is possible your segment of the network is suffering from a peak time high utilisation issue.

Are you seeing slow speeds only at peak times (typically 4pm-11pm weekdays and weekends) or all day?

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
ukbikenut
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Full speed ahead this morning,so yes,as usual when the free speed "upgrade"(ahem) is rolled out,it usually means "downgrade" at peak times.

Oh well...back on the VM merry-go-round again was doing great as well ...must be 2 years since the last time Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello ukbikenut,

Thanks for posting Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your speed issues, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I'm sorry to confirm that Scott's suspicions are correct. We do currently have a fault in your area. The ref is: F004174997 and it's due for review on the 28th Dec. This fault will cause reduced speeds during peak time hours (evenings and weekends).

Sincere apologise for this, please keep in touch for further updates.

Take care and have a great weekend.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TheNewUnion
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

28th December will come and go and we will be fobbed of with a new review date. 28th December is my cut off date, no fix and I am off. Not sure who to go to yet, but anywhere is better than 2-4mb on a 100mb connection. I have already walked away from the TV service because of this and Broadband will be next. I have been a customer since before it was Virgin Media but this is now beyond a joke.

0 Kudos