Menu
Forum Team
Message 51 of 74 (321 Views)

Re: Speed issue in Area reference 20

Hello worldofchico,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the fault in your area. These faults can take a while to resolve due to the complexity of the work required and often we face delays that are beyond our control from 3rd parties.

We will have more info when the fault ticket is reviewed.

Thanks for your continued patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 52 of 74 (285 Views)

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 53 of 74 (266 Views)

Hi

I am on the "other" area 20 problems thread.

Can we get a response from Virgin Media about the obvious problems.

What does "area 20" cover - my postcode is OL9 ?

I upgraded yesterday to the 300 meg for the extra £5 a month - speeds go from 320 meg dload - to completely nothing.

I have made a log of the last 12 hours on the other thread.

Dave

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 54 of 74 (252 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Heather,

Specifically, that particular fault, F003451999, why has it been outstanding for over two and half years?

If you can't tell me, who can?

I'm not interested in vague generalisations, why haven't you fixed this specific fault in two and a half years?

There will be historic notes, in the fault ticket. What do they say?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 55 of 74 (240 Views)

Hi Dave,

I too have been suffering with poor peak time speeds over the past 18 months and was forced to upgrade to 200Mbps to get a 'useable' connection during peak hours. I have been chasing for a factual update but haven't got past the canned response stating the fault is due for review in 2 months or we are waiting for an update from the engineering team.

For reference, the area code on your account refers to a historical billing system and has no bearing on location. I'm in area 20 with a m33 postcode for the Sale area. I don't think this issue is specific to a particular circuit fault as people experiencing issues are all over the place. I expect VMs back end isn't coping with their sales drive and they are having to throttle bandwidth during peak hours. Interesting to note that at the chime of midnight I'm back to a full 200+ Mbps connection.

I would move in a heartbeat if there was anything comparable speed wise.

Dan

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 56 of 74 (204 Views)

Just to reiterate, because I've had no response, in three weeks, about this ; 

"Hi Heather,

Specifically, that particular fault, F003451999, why has it been outstanding for over two and half years?

If you can't tell me, who can?

I'm not interested in vague generalisations, why haven't you fixed this specific fault in two and a half years?

There will be historic notes, in the fault ticket. What do they say?

Thanks,"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 57 of 74 (183 Views)

Hi worldofchico,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you've had with this; I know how frustrating it can be.

Our technicians are working to upgrade the network to accommodate the increased demand for services in your area. This is a process with a lot of steps and can take some time to fully implement.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 58 of 74 (147 Views)

Hi Josh,

That tells me nothing I don't already know, and doesn't answer my question. 

For the third time, over the course of a few months, trying to get an answer to this, my question is;

"Specifically, that particular fault, F003451999, why has it been outstanding for over two and half years?"

Please let me know who can answer this.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 59 of 74 (114 Views)

Hi worldofchico,

Thanks for getting back to us.

With high peak time traffic fault, the work that is required to improve bandwidth can involve implementation of additional upstream and/or downstream channels, hardware upgrades at the CMTS, re-siting of street cabinets, digging up of roads/paths etc. which requires planning permission. 

Our engineers will assess the fault nearer the review date and if there is still an issue they will continue with additional work or if there has been an improvement it will be closed down as resolved.

I can understand how frustrating this can be and I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 60 of 74 (103 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Samantha/any one else from staff, I really do appreciate how honest and consistent yourselves are with your answers, particularly with high peak time utilisation problems. That's good to see!

However, this particular long running case (outstanding for over two and half years) is a perfect example that leads to one obvious question...

For this user's fault catchment area, why does sales not inform every new enquiring customer of a utilisation issue that consistently affects a particular time period? In that way, the potential customer will be able to make a fully informed decision on whether the time period will significantly affect their down time.

Does this make some sense?

0 Kudos