Menu
Tuning in
Message 31 of 74 (473 Views)

Re: Speed issue in Area reference 20

It really would be helpful if someone from Virgin Media could give us a meaningful response regarding what is being done to correct this issue - an issue that is making the internet almost unusable for many thousands of it's customers.

What is the problem exactly? What is being done about it? When will it be fixed? 

Im getting 6Mbps right now on a 100Mbps connection. Middle of the night I get 100, so its not my equipment.

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 74 (469 Views)

Hi profet,

I'm sorry you're suffering from peak time issues, I can see my colleague Emma replied to your post about this here, her reply included some information about the progress of the issue.  I can see the review date remains at 16/03/2016, we'll be able to give you more info after we've received an update around that time.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 33 of 74 (457 Views)

Area reference 20 i have had this problem since march 2015 and still not sorted, keep ringing support who keep telling me its been put back, and yesterday VM sent me a email to upgraded to 200mb it would be nice if i could get 150mb working first as thats what they are charging me. VM would love to fix this problem and stop adding more customer to Area 20, it cannot handle the customer they have on it from last year.

Joining in
Message 34 of 74 (331 Views)

I have been having the same speed issues with my VM for over a year now. I pay for 200meg and if you stay up from 12am to early morning i may enjoy such speeds but anything not at night is a lot slower than what i am paying for. Its not going as slow as some of you guys but sometimes i am getting 15 - 25% of my speed. Its becoming a joke now. I have rang virgin may times during the year and they just give me BS. Its gotten to the point where I am getting home from work launch YT or Netflix to watch something and it just buffers. 

They need to get there S**T together or they are losing a customer that pays £100 a month. 

i am going to sick it out until next year but if its not fixed i will just go to another provider. Granted i wont get anywhere near 200mbps of any other ISP but i may get what i pay for. They don't even offer a discount to me when i phone up and complain for the 100th time. 

Rant over Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 74 (310 Views)

DT,

You are definately entitled to a credit for any complete month you have not received your full bandwidth entitlement (during peak hours) and you can demand these credits from all the past months you have experienced bandwidth issues. Don't bother trying to request credits for the current month unless you are on the last day of the month as they will just ask you to claim the credit the following month. The reason being that there is a slim chance the issue will be resolved that month which would necessitate a recall of all credits.

If you are met with resistance from the customer support representative, ask to speak to their manager and you will normally get a UK based manager call back the same day.They are generally very apologetic, will give you an informative update to your specific circuit issue.

If you have never received 100% (+/- 10%) of your bandwidth entitlement during peak hours since signing your 200Mbps contract you are within your rights to walk away from Virgin mid contract with no penalty as they have failed to deliver the service you are paying for.

Hope this helps,

Dan

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 74 (297 Views)

[ Edited ]

Also on area 20 since April.Wish I had seen this post earlier before I joined, The area has been oversold and during peak times my speeds on a 200mb connection hit 10-20mb.Received my fault code just after april and its still ongoing F004206863.I am being credited for the fault but sometimes its unusable and I am going to have to look elsewhere.

People in this post have had this problem since march 2015 yet they are still signing up new customers me included.

My next review date 28/12/16.

5745273470.png

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 37 of 74 (197 Views)

Sorry to drag this thread up again but it would seem that still nothing has changed....

So, I moved in to the area just 3 months ago and being part of an online streaming community I thought great decent internet so I signed up to Virgins Gamer package.  Oh boy do I wish I had found this thread earlier. 

2am onwards, beautiful. cant complain except my audience is only awake between 6pm and 10pm and guess what?! average speed is between 5 and 15mb during peak times.  thats just a little shy of the 200 unrestricted im paying for....

As usual support team is useless and tell me to restart my router which gets even more funny when I explain I have been in IT support for 18+ years.

If someone from virgin would kindly create a fault reference code so I can start getting my money back (please note thats monthly refund as apposed to credits for virgin services) and I can send it over to talk talk who ive never had any issues with and wish i went with in the first place.

I wont hold my breath waiting for a reply.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 74 (194 Views)

[ Edited ]

Duplicate post
0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 74 (191 Views)

I can't believe how long this issue has bubbled on for, 18 months and counting! I was forced to move up to a 200 Mbps package as the 100 Mbps connection wasn't capable of streaming a YouTube video at peak times. The 200 Mbps circuit has improved matters but I'm still only getting 30 Mbps at peak times.

I think we are long overdue an official update on what the issue is and how long we can expect to wait for each affected postcode. At the bare minimum a general overview of what the issues are for each region instead of the canned t'his issue will be reviewed in MONTH' with no relevant news passing from Virgin to its customers.

I would expect this treatment from BT but I thought Virgin were better than this....

I will try a hardwired speed test to fast.com at 9pm and post my results. It would be I interesting to see what you results are around the same time.

The reason I use fast.com over speedtest.net for testing bandwidth is that the testing servers sit on the Netflix media distribution servers which prevents ISPs prioritising traffic to and from this site giving fairer results.

Dan
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 40 of 74 (167 Views)

Hi there Brizol and Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

I'm really sorry to read you are having issues with your broadband speeds and for any inconvenience caused.

Brizol - Looking at the network you are affected by high traffic in your area with reference number F005088167. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some additional information.

Dan (karanga) - I've taken a look at your connection and the traffic on the network is running low with no faults reported. Are you able to complete speed tests at different times of the day for us to check over please.

In regards to high peak time traffic faults, they affect cable lines rather than post codes and area reference numbers. I appreciate that you may be in Area Reference 20, however this is just for Billing use only.

Hope to hear from you soon
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos