Menu
sb3
Joining in
Message 21 of 57 (464 Views)

Re: Speed issue in Area reference 20

terrible broadband speeds plus had to force an admission of a known fault after they pursued how many devices are connected, reboot your router, change your frequency rather than acknowledge a known issue. I think it's currently February for a fix….

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 22 of 57 (444 Views)

Here are my speed check results for M33....

Will keep this updated on this and other forums until the problem is resolved.

What is it Richard Branson said... "If you look after your staff, they'll look after your customers. It's that simple."

Do us in M33 area a favour Richard... Give Tom Mockridge a bonus or something.

Speed Results.png

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 57 (439 Views)

With so many people affected by peak time congestion isn't there something we can do collectively to demand a reduction in payment for a service that is over 15 times slower than advertised until resolved. Currently VM are getting 15 quid off me for 6 up and 6 down. I would be laughing if I were in their shoes and in no rush to resolve the situation as customers are tied into lengthy contracts.
Tuning in
Message 24 of 57 (417 Views)

Totally agree karanga.

Is there something we could do collectively? Yes - we could all stop our payments to VM until they are able to provide us with a stable, fast broadband service, which is what we are paying them our hard earned cash for.

I'd certainly be up for doing that as part of a mass protest. I don't see the point of continuing to pay VM whatever it is a month I'm paying for BB (£15?) whilst this situation is ongoing. There doesn't seem to be a consistent message from VM re when the problem will be resolved and reading the forum posts this problem has been impacting a lot of customers for a long time. Also the £5 per month discount I was offered on the phone by VM the other night when I called to complain isn't going to cut it for me.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 57 (403 Views)

I agree, something needs to be done. Over the last few weeks I have been unable to use my paid for connection in the evenings. I have had to resort into getting up at 5am in order to use my service effectively.

Maybe would get Martin Lewis, Which? or even the general press on the case
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 26 of 57 (391 Views)

I've also been having issues in area 20 (M5):

The speeds are at around 75Mbps in the morning and steadily drop to around 1.5Mbps (using a wired connection) at peak times, on a 100Mbps connection. The ping also rises from 8ms in the morning, to over 900ms at night!

15/12/1515/12/15 16/12/1516/12/1517/12/1517/12/15

I have been told on the phone that upgrades are currently being installed in the area, and that it should be completed by Christmas.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 27 of 57 (370 Views)

So you've been told Christmas Krytten2X4B. This is part of the problem as I've been told my BB issues will be resolved by Feb, but I've also heard March or later from others so as I say we don't seem to be getting a consistent message from VM.

Any chance of someone from VM joining the thread to update us all with a clear picture of what the problem is and the realistic plans for resolution? Also maybe advise on how we go about claiming a FULL refund (i.e. not the £5/month mentioned to me on the phone the other day) for monies paid to cover the entire period of degraded service?

If that isn't possible then maybe we do take matters into our own hands (i.e. stop making payments)?

From my experience of the issue and based on what others are saying here I'd guess Area 20 has a bandwidth issue right now. So the speed is there but the network is becoming saturated at peak times as more and more users start using it. If I'm right, and assuming the issue has not been resolved by Christmas then it doesn't bode well for the Christmas period.

0 Kudos
sb3
Joining in
Message 28 of 57 (339 Views)

[ Edited ]

so i've found a few Fault Reference numbers related to this, would be useful if Virgin Media could tell us when each was raised and whether any of them have been fixed yet, a i'm hearing the fix date is now looking to be delayed till May 2016...

"The first issue (and most important) relates to a high demand for our broadband service in your area. We're planning to undertake some upgrades to support this increased demand. This is being investigated under fault reference F003349741. The next review date has been set for 11th May 2016."

"The cable that you would be connected to if you took the broadband service is as you surmised suffering from high peak time traffic. The ticket reference number is F003562493"

"there is a high peak time fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003481105 and with a review date of 30th September."

"you are also being affected by a local high peak time fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. However the reference number is F003547466 and with a review date of 21st October."

"I've checked your connection, and there is a high peak time fault in your area causing slow speeds also. The reference number is F003377997 and with a review date of 28th October."

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 29 of 57 (290 Views)

Are you guys still having the same problems in area reference 20? I have been experiencing the same speed problems throughout 2015 and they are still continuing especially in the evenings. I should have 150 and often get as low as 2!!!!!

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 57 (275 Views)

I believe M20 refers to historic billing accounts and not a specific location. I'm living in the M33 postcode and still experience peak time congestion issues with 100Mbps dropping to a traffic throttled 6 Mbps download during the evening periods.

It would appear that this issue will be reviewed in March so little point chasing VM until then. I there is no guarantee that March will bring any good news but fingers crossed the VIVID launch will complete the circuit upgrades and resolve the issue once and for all.

If not I'll give BT a year of my money as I am not waiting any longer than 6 months for an issue to be addressed.
0 Kudos