0 Kudos
ademcg_1
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issue in Area reference 20

Join the club....

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Area-20-12-months-of-hell/m-p/2929379

This area and oversubscribed service is nothing short of a disaster, sure, we are only talking about broadband, no one is dying, needing food or shelter, but you try working from home, entertain friends with movies or even keep two children occupied with this kind of broadband service.....it is impossible.

Oh and the Wifi from the super hub is a disgrace too....my 8 year old daughter has to sit on the stairs in order to get a reasonable signal.

All in all....not fit for purpose

I hope you are all calling and getting your monthly bill rebate....I have been complaining for 12 months....and took to the forums in desperation.

But don't worry.....we have been told a speed boost for all is on its way in the Autumn.....lol  not funny.

vmuser987
Tuning in
Message 13 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I've activated the boost from 152 to 200, you just need to ring VM and ask for it (depending on your current package your upgrade speed could be different). The problem is, I only get those speeds early in the morning.

Evenings are total disaster.

0 Kudos
Hobnob1979
Just joined
Message 14 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi, looks like this will never be sorted out. We've had atrocious speeds since July this year and I keep thinking it will be fixed soon but I'm just deluding myself.

When will area 20 be improved, and if it won't be soon, how do I go about getting refunds each month for the poor speeds?

mike

0 Kudos
grindmunky
Just joined
Message 15 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

This is still an ongoing issue. I have a 100Mb subscription and am lucky if I get 20Mb at the best of times. At peek times it has dropped down to 2Mb!

I need to know if this is going to be resolved soon as every time I have called I have been told it is being investigated. It has also been admitted that the area has been oversubscribed...

Now that fibre broadband has arrived in my area I am weighing up my options as, receiving a fifth of the service and then receiving a price increase is a bit of a joke.

Look forward to some feedback.

Thanks

0 Kudos
webw0lf359
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Just posted a new thread about my area20 problems (should have done it here really) recently it is terrible <10 from about 7pm at night. 100+ after 11 or before work (5-7am) . Annoying

0 Kudos
karanga
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 74
Flag for a moderator

I've just contacted VM support once again for the third month in a row over the Area 20 peak time congestion issue. I had been told that the engineering work would be complete by 24th November 2015. The latest update is now the middle of March 2016 which I will take with a pinch of salt after reading this thread. I am able to get a £10 credit on my VM100 BB each month by contacting support and requesting it but paying £14.99 for a 6Mb up/down service is a bit steep in this day and age. VM support assure me that I am receiving 100Mbps down and 6Mbps up during the day which is comforting while the family is out of the house hard at work or at nursery.

I would suggest that the advert banner for "200Mbps superfast broadband coming in the New Year" is removed from area 20 customers as it is starting to grate a little.

I would have liked VM to get their back yard in order before focusing on 200Mbps packages which is surely going to exacerbate this issue?

Dan

0 Kudos
ILuvNips
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Drop your package down to the lowest, you'll still get crap speeds but you'll also be able to claim the monthly credit, this will not only hit Virgin and their bottom line figures if all affected people did this but would also ease the money pain felt in terms of paying for a top tier package and getting close to a zilch service.

In HA7. Billing Area 21.
Utilisation Fault
F003502423: Review Dates -> 07/10/2015 -> 02/12/2015 -> 20/01/2016 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy
Utilisation Fault F004873444: Review Dates -> 29/03/2017 Smiley Sad -> Closed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
karanga
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Do you know if I would need to sign-up for a new contract term if I lowered the broadband package? My contract is up in Feb and if there is a sniff of further delays I may be tempted to the dark side. VM could have been a lot more proactive with this issue and offered a credit up front to all affected customers. Thinking customers would be happy or wouldn't notice a 16x drop in peak time bandwidth and be happy to pay full whack is a little presumptuous of them. 

0 Kudos
webw0lf359
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Shocking this week (M46 post code) 

IMG_2385.PNG

0 Kudos