Menu
wusong
Joining in
Message 1 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Speed issue in Area reference 20

My 152mb package drops to average 10mb during evening for the past month. it is the worst ever since I joined VM a few years ago. Not sure the problem, and having difficulties to get through the customer service today. Not sure what is going on? not fault reported on the service status, so any idea? 

Regards

Song

0 Kudos
russell45
Joining in
Message 2 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issue in Area reference 20

I'm in Area 20 with Broadband of 50 MB. I have a Virgin Superhub and did some speed tests today. With a wifi connection was getting download speeds of between 11 and 16 mbps. However, when I was using a wired connecting via Powerline, I was only speeds of around 6 mbps. I telephoned and was told there was an outage in my area but when I call the number to check problems I'm told there are none in my area! I have no idea if there is a problem or not but, if not, cannot understand why the download speed is so low. I also cannot understand why my connection via wifi could be quicker than my connection via a powerline! 

0 Kudos
NortiRascal
Up to speed
Message 3 of 74
Flag for a moderator

im in area 20 and my internet is a disgrace...theres an ongoing fault that gets pushed back further and further...area has been massively oversold....dont expect it to be fixed anytime soon.....
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi All

Thanks for posting on the community

As all three of you are experiencing the same issue, I have checked all your connections for any issues.

wusong - there is a high peak time fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F003481105 and with a review date of 30th September.

russell45 - you are also being affected by a local high peak time fault in your area that is causing slow speeds. However the reference number is F003547466 and with a review date of 21st October.

NortiRascal - as your issue is different to the above and you have your own thread, I have replied to you on this for more information.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MEJ01
Joining in
Message 5 of 74
Flag for a moderator

250mb download ( wired!) still going an hour later, speed in area 20 in the evening is a joke. Wi-Fi no better, been like it for months, starting to wonder why I'm paying so much for such a substandard service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi MEJ01

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that your also experiencing an issue with slow speeds.

I've checked your connection, and there is a high peak time fault in your area causing slow speeds also. The reference number is F003377997 and with a review date of 28th October.

I did also notice that your power levels are not consistent and are too low. For this I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
wusong
Joining in
Message 7 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam, I will check in again by the end of month.

Song
0 Kudos
wusong
Joining in
Message 8 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Sam

Just ran another test on the speed, it is still very slow (6Mb). do you know when this issue will be resolved? I don't feel this is acceptable here.

Regards

Song

0 Kudos
southy1978
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 74
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 is massively oversubscribed and has always had problems in the evenings! It's worse when the students come back into the city and are I guess constantly downloading. My 152mb connection goes to crap!
0 Kudos
vmuser987
Tuning in
Message 10 of 74
Flag for a moderator

same here. unusable evening speeds, impossible to watch any live streaming - Amazon Prime or Netflix, download speeds 0.5-3MB/s every evening. That's not what I call 200MBit/s.

The excuse with utilization issues being fixed has been going on since January... it's October now. Are we ever going to get normal connection in the evening, when we mostly use it...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos