Menu
stuboyz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed issue Area 30?

Been testing my speed.  With the Vivid200 package i'm getting a whopping 50Mbps (in Area 30)

Slow??Slow??This is using a powerline adapter to a PC with a Gigabit network card. Some of my neighbours are complaining about slow speed too.

But I have another neighbour who had the 100Mbit package, and he gets above 100MBit wirelessly.

So - do I have a problem, or is the problem with Virgin???

0 Kudos
greyman
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed issue Area 30?

That will probably depend upon what time of day you and your neighbour have measured your respective speeds.  If you measure the speed during peak hours, i'd guess that both of you will be getting pretty poor speeds.

I hope, for your sake, that i am wrong, but i am in area 30 and i'm lucky to get single figure download speeds during peak hours, which strangely enough, is when i am actually most likely to want to use it.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
logiclee
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Area 30 and some evenings I'm below 2 meg making tv streaming services unusable.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello stuboyz

Shame you are not measuring higher speeds, I fully expected to see high traffic in the area but it is quite low. Area streams error free and hub/line parameters all looking good. I wonder if you try a couple of different devices in modem only mode what you would measure Modem mode on your Virgin Media Hub

By the way just in case you do not please leave the default server in www.speedtest.net 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos