Menu
patelp
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Speed drop Area21

Hi, I got a 50mb line put in yesterday. worked great I got 49mb Sunday morning. Sunday night however.......2-3 mb downstream :-(

Is this what others are getting?

what is the problem?

Thanks

Patelp

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
xPhilip
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed drop Area21

Also in area 21, post code SW2.. Also having speed drops

Like clockwork, around the same time every night the speed drops and then comes back around 11:00..

0 Kudos
patelp
Joining in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hey mate, have you been experiencing this for a while? if so I'll consider leaving as I'm within my 10 days.

I'm in HA3.

thx

Prakash

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MrDark
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Leave while you still can, virgin is massively oversubscribed in alot of areas causing very slow speeds in the evenings and weekends.

Your better of with BT or Sky

The only thing worse then Virgin medias terrible broadband speeds is there awful customer service
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Patelp,

Sorry to hear you're getting poor speeds. I've just checked your connection and I'm afraid this is down to contention fault F003110131 and is due for review 20/01/16.

If you bump this post nearer the date we'll get another update for you.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Jason-G
Tuning in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

Out of interest, has anyone followed up why BT Infinity is still not available in Area 21/HA3 (Kingsbury) area? I attempted this a couple of years ago and was told there wasn't enough interest and it wasn't worth their while upgrading the 'green boxes' etc.

I have no option but to stick with VM if I want fibre broadband. I've been with them since around Nov 2012 and always been on their XL package for broadband (and phone) only.

I have NEVER had anything above approx. 70mbps-80mbps download and latency is generally high.

I'm supposedly on up to 200Mbps, for what it's worth. I have the SuperHub 2ac (still rubbish).

I am aware of the ongoing high utilisation issue (F003110131) which has been the case literally since I joined.

I have to call every month to get them to take money off (max. £12) my bill. Whenever I call I am given new dates of resolution. They just keep moving the resolution date every few months.

Made a formal complaint and they couldn't even be bothered to get back to me on that or acknowledge it. Requested all account information and yet to receive that too (supposed to get it within days, been months since original request).

Began the CISA form, and they've given me more of a refund on my account and closed the complaint.

But, I'm back to square one.

So frustrating, but don't feel I have any options here!!

Anyone else affected by this particular problem and has any thoughts of what is going on and any alternative options out there other than back to ADSL?

Cheers,

Jason Smiley Frustrated Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jason,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds.

Looking at your connection it seems you're affected by fault ref F004170607 for slow speeds at peak times. This is currently with the planning team so I don't have a lot of news on this currently. 

We should have more news after 31/08/2016. Apologies that there isn't more I can advise you at this point. I can see from your post how frustrated you are. 

I have popped the details across to another team in this department and they will be in touch as soon as possible. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jason-G
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, Emma.

31st August is just yet another date I've been given over the last couple of years so I really have no expectation that this will be resolved by then.

Look forward to the other team getting in touch, but again, hold little expectation of that.

I'll bet VM have no problem adding new customers to this over capacity infrastructure, rather than focusing on resolving an ongoing issue.

Thanks,
Jason
0 Kudos
Jason-G
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Apparently this fault is now resolved. I've noticed no improvement and actually more disconnections.

Just ran a speed test, at a time I wouldn't consider peak times and for an up to 200Mbps service:

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5596401072

Still rubbish.

Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Jason-G
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

How is your broadband with VM in HA3? I presume it's as poor as mine?

For what it's worth, it might help to register here:

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/expression-gen.aspx

Cheers

0 Kudos