Menu
hildegunn
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Speed/connection

Hi,

i am having a problem with my broadband it is being very slow, it keeps buffering and some times I loos the connection completely so I have had to reset the router twice and that only helps for a short time. I checked the status on my account and it should be working fine. What should I do?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed/connection

Hi hildegunn, 

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear about your issues with poor performance. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have run some checks from here and everything looks great! No errors or time outs inside the Hubs logs and all of your power levels are within the preferred ranges.

Are you still having these issues? If so, please respond to me here with a recent copy of your Hubs logs for me to compare with the data we have here. You can find these by opening your internet browser and typing 192.168.0.1 into the address bar. Before logging in, in the top right hand corner it will say 'Router Status' click there and all of the information needed is inside.

Also, how are you connected wired or wireless?

Speak soon, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
hildegunn
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

thank you for getting back to me I am still having problems. I use wireless. This is what it is saying on the status report.

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz): status 299000000, comment locked

Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz): status 31000000, comment successes 

Provisioning State: status OK, comment operational 

regards

Hildegunn

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hildegunn, 

Thanks for the swift response!

I appreciate you letting me know that you connect through the wireless. Have you tried changing the wireless channels to see if that improves performance?

Also, here's some useful information on optimising your wireless connection.

Could you also run a speed test with the Hub in modem mode connected directly via ethernet cable to the computer running in safe mode with networking and post the results here for us too see.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

0 Kudos
hildegunn
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am sorry, but I can´t do that because I don´t have a cable or able to use one with my pc.

Regards

Hildegunn

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there hildegunn,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Has changing the wireless channel helped?

As you don't have any means of testing the accurate speed via an Ethernet cable, we will have to just go through the wireless channels and find the best for your environment.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J