Menu
angeluskarl77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed boost slow to do

For over a year now on our account page it has said we will be getting our speed of broadband upgraded to 200Mbps however the date has gone back and back and back, it was due to to be by the end of November and then the last couple of days it's changed to January 2017 to March?? What the hell? Vivid 200 is available in my area for new installs, I wouldn't mind but I've been with the service for back in the telewest days and have been loyal. However I feel this is a crazy situation. Anybody else having this issue?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed boost slow to do

Plenty of people in the same boat. You can buy 'up to' 200Mbs as a new customer (you yourself can recontract to it as well) but if the area is not ready it means you will not receive that speed during peak hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
angeluskarl77
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I get that, however why state it's going to be by a certain time only to move it more than 4 times in 12 months? Why tell people when it's not ready clearly they haven't got the role out, or maybe it's because it's not London. Birmingham has always been pretty high on their agenda before, and always been some of the first areas to get these upgrades in the past. Maybe I just expect too much in this day and age, similarly the new V6 box... what happened to offer a role out to existing customers first, not even an email regarding this new box... had to dig myself as tivo is rubbish currently
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Because its not ready. The dates move both ways.

Mine for example moved to August 2016, but then went back to March 2016.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos