Menu
narcolepsy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed and dropouts in EH12

Hi, for the last hour or so we've had the router drop internet, and was having 15%+ packet loss. Is there a known issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
narcolepsy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed and dropouts in EH12

Speed has been been abysmal for the whole of today, barely able to watch any video online at all.
0 Kudos

All Replies
narcolepsy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Speed has been been abysmal for the whole of today, barely able to watch any video online at all.
0 Kudos
MTC68
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Same problem in EH14 area. Only getting 2MBPS speed download speed. I usually get around 200. Upload speed is still normal.

I called technical support helpline who were not much help and have arranged for an engineer to visit and check next week. I have tried rebooting and  reseting the router without success.

Even though service status page says there is isn't a problem it seems like there may be a local network issue if other people are having similar problems with very slow speeds.

Can someone from Virgin Media clarify whether there is a local network problem?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi narcolepsy,

Thanks for letting us know about your issues with your speed and drops in connection, I offer my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to test the connection from here but I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed with diagnostics I will need some information. I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with diagnostics.

Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos