Menu
gordonuk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Speed Upgrade update??

Since December 5th 2017 the website says my speed upgrade is available

https://keepup.virginmedia.com/speedupgrade

But its now Feb 25 2017 and still no upgrade, so can someone give me an update?

0 Kudos
InTheZone
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Upgrade update??

I have Super Fibre 50 and for over a year now have been able to read a message on my account saying to expect a speed increase soon. First it was in August, then it changed to December and now today it rather ridiculously reads "Look out for it between July 2015 and July 2015".

I have spoken to an adviser today and been told:

"I've checked your account details and see that for now there is no free speed upgrade of Super Fibre 70Mbps available on your account. When it will be available in future  we will send the notifications regarding this."

So it looks like they have quietly changed their mind about it. This is likely to be the last straw for me now, given the regular dropouts I have been tolerating in the evenings during online gaming where my data uplink completely disappears for several minutes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey gordonuk

Many thanks for getting in touch with us about the speed boost and a warm welcome to the community forums too!

I have taken a look at the speed boost for you and can see that this is now available for you so I have applied to the teams to process this on your behalf. As the speed boost is non contractual and does not change your monthly costs, this can be done as an administration upgrade when it's ready. You should see the speed boost within the next 24 hours Smiley Happy

Keep us posted if you need anything else and we'll do what we can to help out Smiley Very Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey InTheZone

Thanks to you too for taking the time to get in touch.

I have also taken a look at the speed boost for you and can see that this is now available for you too so I have done the same for you as I did for gordonuk.

You should see the speed boost within the next 24 hours Smiley Happy

Let us know if you need anything else and thanks again!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
mica858
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Upgrade update?

I don't mean to be a nuisance but i never got my upgrade from 50mbps and it was meant to happen a few months back so if that could be checked out that would be amazing, thanks in advance Mica. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mica

Thanks for dropping by!

The speed boosts were an automated process that took place for customers who were existing from October of 2015 and who had not re-contracted or changed their main packages in that time.

If this applies to you then please pop back to my PM and I'll investigate this further for you Smiley Happy

You can find this in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Thanks again and speak soon Smiley Happy

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mica

Thanks so much for popping back with your PM. I'm so pleased to hear you got this sorted Smiley Happy

Take care and drop back anytime you need us.

Thanks again

Forum Team

0 Kudos