Menu
Superphot
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Speed Upgrade? Opposite really!

Since the free upgrade from 152 to 200mb I have had nothing but trouble. Prior to the upgrade I often achieved speeds of 140 - 154. Since the upgrade I have been lucky to achieve 100 wired and 60 wi-fi. In addition I have to reset my superhub on average 3 times a day and the 5GHz channel drops out way too much. 2.4Ghz isn't much better and even slower. I am using a TP-Link AC1200 USB adapter for the main PC in the house but any device I try to connect drops out or point blank refuses to connect to the Superhub. It is getting to the point where I am starting to look for alternative providers but want to give Virgin the chance to sort this out. Been with them a long time and  up until now have been more than happy. Please sort this out, the helplines have been of little practical help aprt from telling me that there is a fault in my area that may take until April to fix. But how does that affect the Wi-Fi? Your my only hope, Obi-Wan, please helpRobot Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Upgrade? Opposite really!

Hi Superphot

Welcome back to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read that you're experiencing issues with your broadband connection after upgrading.

I've run some checks on your connection and the downstream power levels are too low. For this I would like to book an engineer to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please. Once you have replied I can go ahead with the appointment.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004121828 and with a review date of 13th April.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superphot
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

3weeks in and still very slow. 5 tests via ookla, all from Virgin Media hosted sites in London, Leicester and Luton. Average download speed 83.34. Not bad for a much advertised 200Mbps speed that I am paying for. Less than half. I think its time to involve OFCOM and look for alternative suppliers (I love being out of contract), as VM seem to have little interest in resolving this issue with any sense of urgency.

0 Kudos
Superphot
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So, 13 months has gone and stilll the broadband speeds are a shadow of their advertised levels. What is the update on this issue. When it works at advertised speeds there is nothing wrong with it. Trouble is it just doesnt do that very often. It would not be too much to ask for your long suffering customers to be kept up to date on this shambles. On the upside, only 7 months and the contract is up.

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

honstly its up to speeds its like bt fibre but there is a peek time problems with speeds but power levels can effect your internet speeds as well. you should check them your self if it goes low then -6 and higher +10 then you need a engineer to adjust them.

honstly bt is bit hit and miss too with speeds with there network too.

every network have problems and you should keep checking up on your speeds even bt network has disconnection problems still or low speeds you can ask virgin media to Broadband Speed Goodwill Credit bt never gives this out i tryed it when i was with them never happened.

so my tip ask for a Broadband Speed Goodwill Credit untill this is sorted out

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Superphot,

Hope all is well.

Apologies you are still having an issue with the broadband speeds.

Looking at the high peak time traffic fault (F004121828) and our engineers our still working on this with a review date of 22nd March.

I can see that one of my colleagues has been in touch with further updates on this fault.

We will have more information shortly.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superphot
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha

Someone really need a rocket  up them. This has been going on since December 2015. I know that VM is discounting, but really struggle to get 10% of the speed I should be getting sometimes. Customer service has become really poor recently. The launch of V6 and pricing confusion is a fiasco, but the broadband speed issue is getting annoying enough to seriously consider contacting OFCOM. On the upside, home phone and mobile seems OK, so every cloud:-)

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

honstly you can't go OFCOM way untill 12 weeks after the complaint is made if they do not sort it out within the time limit they give and you get upto speeds its like bt speeds they bounce all over the place becuse i been with them i notice you lucky you get free call outs with virgin media and replacements pair to bt openrech call out if the problem lays on your land and get billed £150.

Using VIVID 350 Optical Fibre, Player TV, Talk Weekends

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong.
If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos