Menu
tianfat
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed Test Is Fine, But Internet Is So Slow!

whats the point having high speed figures when the actual results is so slow!

• loading pages
  • watching videos

my old AOL provider provides a faster actual result than the super optic fiber that has 10x the speed....

its nothing to do with my computer as other devices have similar results.

(with or without wired connection)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Test Is Fine, But Internet Is So Slow!

Hi tianfat 

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've taken a look at your connection and the downstream power levels are too high at +18 dBmV. As this can have an impact on your broadband I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

There is also a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F004231671 and with a review date of 9th November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Fringie
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Can you check this for me also? Our internet connection was very intermittent but the engineer came round and sorted that out for us. Problem now is that we're having a similar issue as described in this thread. Can you please check my connection as well?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Fringie,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your connection, it sounds frustrating. When I've tested your network, I don't see any obvious faults. Can I ask you to perform a few speed tests and post your results? Ideally with an Ethernet cable connected.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
forze
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yeh had same thing for 2yrs now capping at 86-94m at both my houses, got talked into upgrade from 100mb to the new (at the time) 200mb,

fast forward 2yrs im upgrading to 300mb & the download speeds still capping at 86-94mb...

Ping & downstream always fine but the download is always sketchy as is the webpage loading, certaintly does not respond like a 94mb line

Ive been with cable since the good old trouble free days of Telewest, Virgin just give to much away that they cant delvier,

my area is overutlised as both my houses within a 1m radius have the same issue

Got a network guy booked to come see me, clutching at straws at one last hope before moving both accounts elsewhere,

never thought i would say that but its really come to that point with the drop in standards Smiley Sad

0 Kudos