Menu
watto3866
Tuning in
Message 1 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Speed Poor

Hi my speed has been up and down recently and a speedtest last night gave me just over 18mbs at 10.23pm. This is well short of the vivid 152mbs that i am paying for. I have restarted the superhub numerous times and it does not improve. I did this test sitting no more than 6ft away from hub
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Kieran19
Superfast
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed Poor

Must of read it wrong as the picture is blurry, being tired does not help Smiley Embarassed

Resetting the router could possibly clear the RS errors, however, doing what Griffin said will prove if it is some type of fault in your area, not your hardware.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Kieran19
Superfast
Message 2 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Please post your upstream and downstream from 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1 if that does not work. You`re being affected during peak hours so lets hope that there is no utilisation issue (or similar issue) in your area, as it does not take them a short time to fix.

0 Kudos
watto3866
Tuning in
Message 3 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_2016-01-16-19-38-53.jpgScreenshot_2016-01-16-19-39-08.jpgScreenshot_2016-01-16-19-39-20.jpg

0 Kudos
watto3866
Tuning in
Message 4 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Speed Test just done over wireless and its running at 73.5mbit download and 12 mbit upload thats at the server at Manchester

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 40
Flag for a moderator

I would test the speed whilst connected directly to the hub by ethernet cable,as wireless is affected by a myriad of external factors.

If the wired speed is poor, then it is the time to post the hub's stats as they are not much help for wireless problems. 

The network logs would be useful too, as the power levels are only half the picture.

0 Kudos
watto3866
Tuning in
Message 6 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. I connected to hub via ethernet cable and posted the results above let me know if you can see them. Logs are stating dchp ip4 error or something
0 Kudos
Kieran19
Superfast
Message 7 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Downstream power levels are too high, a engineer appointment will be needed to have it lowered. I believe that you are also being affected by network faults as well, but if you are, then having optimal power levels should make your speeds a little faster until fixed.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 40
Flag for a moderator

watto3866 wrote:
Thanks. I connected to hub via ethernet cable and posted the results above let me know if you can see them. Logs are stating dchp ip4 error or something

Probably missing something here, the only speedtest results I see are the speedtest in the OP which was taken at 6 meters from the hub, so I assume it was wireless and the 75Mbps wireless speed. You need  to test whilst connected by ethernet cable preferably in the morning and again during evening peak time. Without these tests there is no evidence of a contention issue, and it will be silly to suggest until the problem is proved to be on the wired side.

Your downstream power levels are fine and a VM tech will not come out to adjust levels which are well within spec.However, one of your downstream channels is showing a high number of pre RS errors, and a couple of channels are showing a slightly marginal SNR. There are no Post RS errors being shown suggesting all the errors are being corrected, and should not be a problem. This is where the logs in full would become useful, the DHCP error is usually harmless.

0 Kudos
Kieran19
Superfast
Message 9 of 40
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Must of read it wrong as the picture is blurry, being tired does not help Smiley Embarassed

Resetting the router could possibly clear the RS errors, however, doing what Griffin said will prove if it is some type of fault in your area, not your hardware.

0 Kudos
watto3866
Tuning in
Message 10 of 40
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help been resetting the router and using a wired connection and am getting just over 70mbps. It does seam to struggle of a evening. I know they are upgrading me to 200mbps in june so maybe its all the network upgrades that are causing the issue. I will keep a eye on it and see what happens. Thanks again Smiley Happy
0 Kudos