Menu
deepanshus
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Speed Levels down to unacceptable now

i am in SM2 (Area 03) and the speeds are now unacceptably low...what can i do?

0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Levels down to unacceptable now

deepanshus wrote:

i am in SM2 (Area 03) and the speeds are now unacceptably low...what can i do?

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

First I would do some basic diagnostics first to diagnose what the problem is.

Going to an adjudication service like CISAS without knowing what the problem is first is just plain stupid. It maybe a wireless problem or a problem with your equipment or any other problem outside VM's control.

Are you experiencing slow speeds on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless test wired.

I would test the speeds wired directly to the hub during the day and again during evening peak times. If you are getting headline wired speeds during the day and poor speeds during evening peak times then it looks like a Utilisation issue. If this is the case, and it has been confirmed by VM, then you might need the services of a adjudication service if VM cannot fix the problem in a timely manner (unlikely) However, this will not fix the speeds any quicker.

If you are getting poor wired speeds all the time, then it looks like a technical fault which are usually fixed fairly quickly. If this is the case posting the hub's power levels and network logs would help,

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey there deepanshus,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I've just replied to your other post here regarding your slow speeds. If we could please stick to one thread per topic, it'll make it easier for us to keep in touch with you.

Thanks again for posting,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos