Menu
Fibre optic
Message 21 of 30 (171 Views)

Re: Speed Issues...

VM "customer service" is a disgrace. As usual it's the customer left chasing around after VM; asking the questions that VM can't/won't answer. Almost every customer posting here has reported similar instances of phone support saying one thing only to be contradicted by the forum team; long waits for engineers who don't turn up; "fixes" that are "reviews". It's very chaotic and poorly managed by VM and the customer is left picking up the pieces. It's so widespread that I can only assume that this is a deliberate policy on VM's part.

Leave and find a broadband provider that values good old fashioned customer service. Don't bother with Ofcom, they're the watchdog that rarely barks and never bites. 🐶

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 22 of 30 (158 Views)

[ Edited ]
Credit where credit is due: Samantha_L from the forum team has been extremely helpful and attentitive via PM.

Unfortunately the call centre leaves a lot to be desired, and the state of the network indicates its poorly maintained.

=================================================================

Kind Regards
Cori

My Internet is worse than it was in 2013.

My Broadband Speed

I am pleased to announce I will be switching from VM.

I am not a VM employee. My IT knowledge is pretty good though.
If you find my answer useful, please sent Kudos. If I solve or answer your question, mark as helpful answer! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 30 (145 Views)

Yup the network is crap I haven't had a stable connection for nearly a week.

0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 24 of 30 (135 Views)

Stealthbird97 wrote:
Credit where credit is due: Samantha_L from the forum team has been extremely helpful and attentitive via PM.

Unfortunately the call centre leaves a lot to be desired, and the state of the network indicates its poorly maintained.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. It's results that count.

Yes the forum team are attentive, but that's a complete waste of time if nothing gets done. And, to be honest, the experience that you get on the forum should be consistent right across VM customer service. It should all be the same. That clearly isn't the case and many people, such as my retired parents, would never think to sign up and register for a forum and then wait a week for a reply. They were VM customers and were made a whole string of promises by telephone that were never kept. Their response was to say they were fed up with being misled and lied to and they left.

VM have a very long way to go before they sort out this mess they're in.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Fibre optic
Message 25 of 30 (127 Views)

They won't sort it out as they are an American company all they do is make as much profit as possible as quickly as possible, then sell it to the next idiot where they will do the same again most likely.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 26 of 30 (105 Views)

[ Edited ]

Another update.

Engineer came today. Checked all of the cables. Remade the coax connections in my house and at the cabinet. After about an hour or so they ended up giving me another superhub, and it is now working again. 

We actually it went down for about 30 minutes after the engineer left, but came back after I phoned up support again.

Hopefully everything will remain working. Speed is still very slow, but that's a utilisation issue.

So, lets recap. I've had no internet for the last 5 days. I've had to spend at least £25 on mobile internet @ 1p/MB.

How much does virgin media want to offer me? I'm looking for a payment to my bank account, NOT a credit on my virgin media account. Send me a PM. 

Kind Regards
Cori

My Broadband Speed

If you find my answer useful, please sent Kudos. If I solve or answer your question, mark as helpful answer! Smiley Very Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 27 of 30 (82 Views)

Thanks for updating the thread with this information Stealthbird97,

Sam has asked for me to keep an eye on this for you as she is away from the office over the next couple of days.

Great to hear that things have been sorted for you! Smiley Happy

I'll get back to you via private message so that we can discuss more account-specific information further.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 28 of 30 (58 Views)

It's been 3 months now. Sent a message to the ModTeam members who were dealing with this issue for an update. Get told that I shouldn't be doing that and I need to make a new topic.

So, I'll just resurrect this thread highlighting that it takes too long for things to be "reviewed".

I was told 3 months ago that VM could only apply credit for 3 months and as my fault review was going to be longer than that, they would automatically apply another credit in 3 months time. I have yet to see a credit applied.

I also would like an update to my fault F005158009. I really do hope that they are ontrack to resolve the issue by that time. I have made it clear that if issue is not resolved by that time the matter will be escalated.

Kind Regards
Cori

My Broadband Speed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 29 of 30 (29 Views)

Hi Stealthbird97, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I have taken a look at fault ref F005158009 and this has now been resolved and closed. 

I have spoken to the Mod team who have advised they would have reviewed this on the original review date which was in November, but the fault was closed end of May. 

The connection is now looking good from this side. 

If you are still having issues please advise if you are using a wired or a wireless connection. If wireless try wired, pop the hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking and let us know if this makes a difference. 

It would also help to see a BQM, so we can get a better idea of what you are seeing from your side. 

I have also responded to your separate thread relating to this.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 30 of 30 (22 Views)

We can continue this on the new thread!

Kind Regards
Cori

My Broadband Speed

0 Kudos