Menu
BrettS19
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Speed Issues

Hi,

I have had Virgin broadband for 5 years and have been really happy with it up to the last few 3-4 months.

I had a speed upgrade supposedly up to 70mb, but the most I usually get on speed check is 50mbs, which I am more than happy with.  However, for the last few months, the internet speed drops to around 2mb virtually every night between 7-11pm and even worse on weekends. Outside of these times, when I am in to check it, it usually is around 40-50mb. The download is the speed affected, the upload stays constant.

I am in area 30, postcode NG19, anyway have any reasoning as to why this is happening? Considering I am paying £33 a month for only broadband, I don't feel like I am getting value for money at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Issues

Hi BrettS19,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F004650099). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 10th May.

I've also picked up an issue with your Upstream Power levels that's likely the cause of your recent drop in speeds. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to check it out.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos