Menu
jim36fpc
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Speed Boost

After hearing about the recent speed upgrades I checked my account to find the message "Your speed boost is complete! Your connection speed is now up to 150Mbps". 

Considering I had been on 150Mbps for the last 18 months, this was a little underwhelming. Where was the boost to 200MBps Vivid? Checking available speeds it seems there is no 150MBps anymore, which is further confusing. Checking my speed on a wired connection, the previous 160MBps I have been getting consistently now seems to be reduced to 100MBps. 

Can anyone from Virgin help with this? I'm on a SuperHub 2 and until lately had no problems.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Speed Boost

There is no speed boost from 150Mbps to 200Mbps.

The Speed boosts for existing customers who were on Broadband in October 2015 were:
50Mbps went to 70Mbps
100Mbps went to 150Mbps (this is the one you had)
152Mbps went to 200Mbps.

However if you then took out a new bundle you would move to one of the new sold tiers of SuperFibre 50, VIVID 100 or VIVID 200. For some customers this then mean a reversal of the speed boost. I don't know if this has applied to you or not

The announcement this week of the new speeds is separate to the above. At this stage I'm expecting the newly announced VIVID Fibre 100 / 200 and 300 services to only be available as part of a new bundle.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is no speed boost from 150Mbps to 200Mbps.

The Speed boosts for existing customers who were on Broadband in October 2015 were:
50Mbps went to 70Mbps
100Mbps went to 150Mbps (this is the one you had)
152Mbps went to 200Mbps.

However if you then took out a new bundle you would move to one of the new sold tiers of SuperFibre 50, VIVID 100 or VIVID 200. For some customers this then mean a reversal of the speed boost. I don't know if this has applied to you or not

The announcement this week of the new speeds is separate to the above. At this stage I'm expecting the newly announced VIVID Fibre 100 / 200 and 300 services to only be available as part of a new bundle.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jim36fpc
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben for your help. So I'm still on the same speed. No issues if that's the case as I was happy with what I was getting. Just seems a bit confusing that the original speed boosts are still being advertised more than 18 months on.

I've not taken out any new bundles and if as you say nothing has been changed on my package, then hopefully the reduction from 160Mbps to 100Mbps is temporary.

0 Kudos