Menu
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Speed Boost - January 2017 - Has anyone had it yet?

So this is the first time I've noticed that the 'expected' date is at its closest as it's usually giving a 3 month expected schedule! Has anyone noticed the 'January 2017 - January 2017' expected speed boost date on their account? If so, is there any one that has benefited from this already or has the date moved again at all?

Like so many I have the over utilization issue and have had since the end of 2015, my original and endless thread is here for anyone that is interested: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Broadband-Speed-Issue-Birmingham-B10-Area/td-p/2959373

Selection_246.png

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed Boost - January 2017 - Has anyone had it yet?

It probably hasn't been updated yet due them awaiting new updates from another team before changing the estimate. As long there is an outstanding contention issue (formally over-utilisation or high-utilisation) the free speed upgrade won't be available. Once the contention issue is resolved, that is when the free speed upgrade becomes available.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
nickVF
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was first promised this by the end of October 2015, since then it has slipped many times. Sometime it will get to days of the deadline and then be moved back 6 months.

My line doesn't hasn't had contention for years. I'm almost hoping they don't do it as it may cause contention. 

I would much prefer an increase in upload speed.

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was praying for a response that was heading in the other direction but yes you are right, it makes sense.

I won't get my hopes up too high, with only several days left for January 2017, I don't imagine they're going to fix the utilization by the end of the month, especially if its a 1 year + problem.

It's times like this I just want to yell at someone, but won't take it out on anybody. The bullsh*t compensation is just not enough.

I also don't imagine Virgin Media are stopping any new subscriptions until all existing issues with utilisation are fixed for the affected area, as that's not best for business.

Bullsh*t, the lot of it.

Rant over.

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
telecomtel
Just joined
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My son complained to me about the internet being so slow about 15 minutes ago, I logged into my account and it stated my Broadband sped has now been raised to 100mbps as a free upgrade. But I can honestly say I have not noticed any difference.

0 Kudos
grizz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Mine says it is ready now and to log in to my account to upgrade, there is nothing in my account to allow me to upgrade just give us more £ for 200mb been like this for a week now

But I've been at this point before only for it to change again, some areas have 300mb I can't even get 200mb unless I'm a new customer or pay now

This upgrade should be done automatic, how many will miss out as they don't even know about them

0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's mental.

I was under the assumption that these speed boosts were done for all customers without any additional charges. That being said, I know they've increased the prices this year and so assumed this would cover the costs of upgrades and such.

If it is that case that VM are wanting more on top to accept the speed upgrade then they are having a laugh.

I'll be on the phone to VM soon, looking at cutting down the bill as I'm royally mad now.

0 Kudos
grizz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The extra £ they want is if I upgrade to 200mb now the speed boost when it comes will be free ( even though it says ready now I doubt it is)

I think they need to get the website updated now and again it would avoid confusion

0 Kudos