Menu
craggers
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Speed BB9 Nelson area

Hi

I live in the Nelson area and I have just joined VM 200MB Gaming. The speed I'm experiencing though is poor - between 20 and 50MBPS. The engineer did say though when installing the broadband that I will experience slower speeds until the week commencing the 20th Feb but surely I should be getting at least over 80MBPS? Is anyone else in the area experiencing slow speeds?

0 Kudos
pete7049
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Speed BB9 Nelson area

I suspect that the 20th is a review date for an over utilisation fault. I hope for your sake that I'm wrong.

F003443743. December '14 - May '17.
0 Kudos
Vic_The_Click
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'Over-subscribed' ?

So why is VM still signing up new customers for a service they KNOW they can't provide ?

I'm on the so-called 70mbs service (in BB10), but lucky to get 20mbs, and constantly get disconnected from servers.

0 Kudos
craggers
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I rang VM and they made up an excuse saying that it's because I'm using a wireless connection and my hub is in another room lol it has to be wired to the PC. I know wireless is a bit slow but I shouldn't get 15-20mbps and what about phones and tablets can they be wired to the hub too lol.

Now it is a bit faster i'm getting between 90-120mbps by day and 40-80mbps by night so i'll see how long it lasts.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey there craggers,

Thanks for joining the community, hope you're well Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your slow speeds, I appreciate it's inconvenient.

Good to know that you've noticed an improvement, I can see fault F004912737 is on-going and is being reviewed on the 7th June. If you keep in touch with us we will be able to provide progress updates.

Take care and thanks for your patience.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos