0 Kudos
jlippa
Superfast
Message 32 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, what happened Virgin?

@wrote:

Puma6 test2 130218.jpg

Was this test run against SH3 9.1.116V firmware or some new firmware?

0 Kudos
cje85
Super solver
Message 33 of 38
Flag for a moderator

They have started rolling out a firmware update to the Hub 3 which seems to perform very well on that DSLReports Puma 6 test, based on the examples posted in the gaming forum. Hopefully it won't be long until everyone has it. It doesn't completely resolve the problem but seems to do more than the Beta firmware that some users have been trialling since October. 

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 34 of 38
Flag for a moderator

I have 9.1.116.603 and My thinkboad BQM looks a lot better, not sure how it effects real world applications tho, and my gaming never really suffered before so I haven't really noticed a difference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 35 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Loui79, 

Many thanks for getting back in touch, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. 

Please try not to bump your own thread as we answer in date order and if the systems sees a new post from you on the thread and it bumps you back. 

I have taken another look and it would seem like you may be affected by http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-and-CGNV4-Latency...

You are currently showing on the older firmware We have applied the test firmware to a number of hubs, and when trials are completed will carry out national updates. 

I know some of our customers have already had the update so hopefully it won't be too much longer. 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 36 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,
I've been following the now 300+ page thread since it was posted in this thread on the 28/12/17.
I thought it was already established that we were suffering with this issue but it would seem Virgin required the last 7 weeks to confirm.

I have not yet been pushed the firmware update and from what I've read, there are mixed reviews of it's effectiveness.
0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Post #3098 of the Hub 3 thread has now stated that the firmware that was thought to be a new update is just a trial with no expected rollout dates.

So we're no closer to a solution to the problem here.

In addition, I have now set up a BQM on my parents' VM connection (with the same firmware version as mine) and their connection is significantly better. Presumably there is something else happening here in addition to the puma 6 issue.

My connection with 9.1.116V firmware:

My Broadband Ping - VM200GAMER DEC7

My parents' connection with the same firnware:

My Broadband Ping - Parents VM70

And yes, they are on the same 24/3 channels with the only difference being the packages. (ours being the more expensive "Gamer" package with a WORSE connection for gaming!)

0 Kudos
cje85
Super solver
Message 38 of 38
Flag for a moderator

Your parents graph looks very good indeed for 24 channels, probably one of the best I've seen for the SH3 with 24 downstreams. The package shouldn't make a difference as it's still connecting to the same number of channels. 

0 Kudos