And what is this fault for?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 22 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, what happened Virgin?

Hi Loui79,

Thanks for getting back in touch, the fault didn't actually state what it was so it was likely to be an equipment issue. 

It has now been resolved.

The connection now looks ok from this side. 

How are things looking for you now? 

If you are still having trouble let us know and we will be happy to take a look for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely no change. Still completely unusable for gaming, which isn't ideal for a gaming package. My Broadband Ping - VM200GAMER DEC7
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 24 of 25
Flag for a moderator

That is normal for a Hub 3 with 24 downstream channels. The more downstream channels you have the higher the latency goes, which is why you saw an increase when you went from 12 to 24 channels.

All cable modems powered by the Intel Puma 6 suffer this problem (It's affecting cable ISPs around the world) and there's little that can be done about it. 

New firmware is being tested which makes the graph look much nicer but it doesn't fully resolve the problem.

Loui79
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I;ve read the other thread and it certainly seems to be the issue but given the fact we're paying over £40 per month for a "gamer" package, I don't see this as an acceptable connection.

It seems to me that there are 2 options for a fix:
Drop us back down to 12 channels with the SH3 or
Send out a non-SH3 replacement.

A quick search on Ebay shows dozens of Virgin SH2's and SH2AC's.which obviously haven't been collected so if Virgin don't have spares, perhaps they should be looking at getting those back in to the system..
0 Kudos