Menu
x-cell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

So slow in the evening at B14 postcode has been for months

Really just fed up of it now. It's fine in the day, download at a good 12MB/s. Come 5 pm and it comes crashing down to 1.5MB/s at 10pm it's now 0.5MB/s.

My wife just turns the wifi off on her phone now in the evening and just browses Facebook on the Three mobile signal is so much faster than the home broadband!

It's not acceptable. 

0 Kudos
wonko
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: So slow in the evening at B14 postcode has been for months

Unfortunately a lot of people are in the same boat.I pay for 200Mbs and at peak times it goes down to 6 or less.

It appears that Virgin have over-sold subscriptions and under-invested in infrastructure. I am out of contract and I refuse to wait for months or years for a fix. If my problem isn't fixed in the next week or so I'm going to BT or Sky Fibre.

Just have a look at the number of posts on this forum about peak time speed problems and how long people have been waiting for a fix. It's a real eye-opener.

Then go to the BT forums and see how few problems are related to over utilisation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: So slow in the evening at B14 postcode has been for months

Evening x-cell,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to learn that you are having issues with your broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high and for this I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) requesting some details.

I did also notice a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. Our networks team are investigating the problem and are improving bandwidth and performance to help with this issue. The reference number is F003540547 and has a review date of 29th March 2017.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos