Menu
tylerjaysands
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So much for "customer loyalty"!

So I was looking to see if Virgin had service in the new place that we're moving to soon, and the bundles link caught my eye. Upon looking at this I noticed that the cheapest broadband/landline deal is £40 a month and includes 100mb speed broadband.

Why is it that I'm paying the same for 50mb? It's annoying enough that I was pushed into having the landline bundle again even though I've told Virgin I've not used the house phone in well over a year, but now this? Come on guys, I've been with you for nearly two years, and your new customers are paying less?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: So much for "customer loyalty"!

Liberty Global, the American company which owns Virgin Media, do not recognise the concept of customer loyalty.  Your plea is in vain.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tylerjaysands

I know what you mean about new customer deals but it a happens everywhere mate, look at any company and new customers get better deals than existing in most cases.

With regard to your broadband you should be able to get 100mb now at the same price, just give 150 a call and ask them if you can get your free speed upgrade and they should sort it for you.

Cheers

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As with every company, new customers get new customer deals which then turn into normal prices at the end of the term.

Also you may of not seen the very recent news (last two weeks) but VM have made 100Mbs the smallest package you can buy now. Existing customers won't be retroactively upgraded 'yet' as our contracts were taken out accepting a certain speed for a certain price. Eventually it's likely they will offer free upgrades as they have in the past but if you want to take the 100Mbs now, give VM a call and speak to cancellations (option 1 > 4 > 5 thinking of leaving us) and explain the situation there. They may be able to offer you the 100Mbs package and some discounts on top. You won't know until you try.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is a commercial transaction VM do not have to be loyal to you and you do not have to be loyal to them.
0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

vircom wrote:
It is a commercial transaction VM do not have to be loyal to you and you do not have to be loyal to them.

Very true, but part of that commercial transaction involves customer service. If you have faulty goods and terrible customer service then your experience of that company is doubly bad and it damages their brand.

If you take an organisation such as John lewis and look at the level of customer service and after sales care that they provide then it makes paying a slight premium for their goods all the more worthwhile and their brand reputation is enhanced.

Virgin Media have a very long way to go. There are countless examples here of people being promised one thing on the telephone only to be let down and told the opposite on this forum; engineers not showing up for appointments; total lack of transparency regarding faults and fixes/reviews; random disconnections from live chats; and getting cut off mid-conversation in telephone calls. And that's just what's posted on this forum, so it's not a true reflection of the scale of the problem by any means (despite what many people say).

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos