Menu
kc9400
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So it's March 1st, the apparent fix date for my area.

So today is the day I decide whether to remain with VM or switch to another provider.

I'll be running some speed tests this evening and tomorrow and if it's still the same old story of speeds of 1-2mbs then I'm done with the service.

Anyone recommend a decent provider in the Gosport area? I'm just near Elson.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
MartyB
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: So it's March 1st, the apparent fix date for my area.

Any luck? I'm also in Elson and speeds are ridiculous since I joined a few months back.
0 Kudos
JPL8
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

kc9400 wrote:

So today is the day I decide whether to remain with VM or switch to another provider.

I'll be running some speed tests this evening and tomorrow and if it's still the same old story of speeds of 1-2mbs then I'm done with the service.

Anyone recommend a decent provider in the Gosport area? I'm just near Elson.

Anyone but VM will give you better speeds than 1-2Mbs. VM's service right across Gosport, Fareham and Portsmouth is rubbish. It's been going on for years and they really don't care.They're still heavily advertising across the area, promising speeds and a service that they can't possibly provide.

"Cable broadband is typically faster than copper-based services, but a significant minority of users experience severe slowdowns in peak times." — Ofcom, UK Home Broadband Performance, November 2016
0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin is on their own network and all the other mainstream providers are on Openreach so anyone other than Virgin will improve your speed.
0 Kudos