Snail speed- Bansted Surrey

Issues with broadband speed , from 50 Mbps to 1 mbs
0 Kudos
storeyboy10
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Snail speed- Bansted Surrey

Yes me too in banstead - something has changed in past week. I have 100mb connection last night could only get 3mb down. Virgin said high utilisation in the area they won't fix it until at least December. Im sure there is more to it than this and something else is wrong. Disgraceful.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vital1, 

Thanks for posting!  I am sorry to hear that your broadband speeds have dropped from 50 Mbps to 1 Mbps. This can cause some annoyance I know so apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I have tried to run some tests on your connection from here, however I was unable to locate any of your details via your forum account, in order to proceed I will need some additional information from you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics. Please respond to me there and I'll ensure this all gets sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
storeyboy10
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Vital1 - did you have any joy with Virgin, or still struggling with slow speed? I am so frustrated - most nights last week I couldn't even pull up the BBC homepage - less than 0.5mb.

0 Kudos