Menu
jmd123
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Smart hub 3 limited to 54 mbps, i have the 100mb option and it has never given me fast download speed.

Hi,

I am fairly tech savvy but am at a loss to understand why my hub will not give me faster speed than 6 mbps download, i have the 100mb package and a retina MacBook that is N compatible.

I saw that others have had this issue and not answered.

I was just on the phone for 40 minutes and then hung up on.

Please help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart hub 3 limited to 54 mbps, i have the 100mb option and it has never given me fast downlo...

Evening jmd123,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

My apologies that you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

From checking your connection, the downstream power levels are too high at + 17 dBmV and the upstream is too low at 24 dBmV. As this will have an impact on your broadband, I would like to arrange an engineer appointment to adjust these for you. I've sent you a PM which you find by clicking on the purple envelope icon in the right corner.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
voicon
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart hub 3 limited to 54 mbps, i have the 100mb option and it has never given me fast download speed

Have you checked the wireless settings on your hub?

Check this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/VM-Hub-3-0-Limiting-my-devices-to-54Mbps/td-p/3026453

0 Kudos
Rogue360
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart hub 3 limited to 54 mbps, i have the 100mb option and it has never given me fast downlo...

Hi Samantha. I posted a similar issue today, could this be the kind of fault I'm finding? I'm being limited to 1.5mbps MAX, mostly it's worse.

Thanks
0 Kudos