Menu
TonyDi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Slowww Broadband in CR0

Broadband speed (on 152Mbps package) comes to an almost standstill from 2pm every day unitl early morning, upload & download speeds around 1Mbps each.

Speed at the moment at 9am - download 52Mbps, upload 12Mbps.

No solution given by helpdesk.

Anyone else having problems in Croydon area?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
TonyDi
Tuning in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slowww Broadband in CR0

Speeds slowly dropping as day progresses.... 41 MBps download now. No doubt it will be under 10 soon.

Can someone on forum team please check why?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi TonyDi,

Thank you for taking the time out to message the Community, welcome back.

I'm sorry to learn about the slow speed you've mentioned here, I've tested the connection and the Hub is testing well, which is always a good sign.

Unfortunately I did notice a fault at the address and the network team planning to undertake some broadband upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow speeds you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

The Networking team will be carrying out some work on this as soon as possible. Someone will be in touch with you regarding the outage F003709147 and the review date will be for the 11th May 2016.

Many thanks for your time.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
vn11
Joining in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I am also having issues with raised pings and slow speeds in the same area! Current broadband monitor is showing as below - high pings
My Broadband Ping - virgin
0 Kudos
JT790
Joining in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the 152Mbps package too and I've been having the same problem since Oct/Nov-ish 2015. I've called them in over 3 occasions and nothing has been sorted. I keep being told there is a fault in the area and it will be resolved in a month. 

I called them again last week and asked about the fault which is ongoing and was told there is none.. An engineer is being sent in 2 weeks and if this isn't sorted I'm leaving them. I've had enough of paying for a service I'm never going to receive...

vn11
Joining in
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Here is how she is looking today...
My Broadband Ping - Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vn11,

Thank you for taking the time to come to the Community and post, welcome back Smiley Happy

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been having some speed issues in the home. I've been running some preliminary tests and I can see that there is no over demand for services in the area you're connected to. The Hub is locking on really well with all downstreams performing as they should. I would like to ask how you're connecting to the internet right now if this is still happening, and that can you please post some stats here for me to see?

All the best.

Ben

0 Kudos
vn11
Joining in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ben

Thanks Smiley Happy

I am connecting via wifi - I have some stats from my hub below for today.

22042016 upstream burst.PNG22042016 upstream.PNG22042016 downstream.PNG22042016 network log.PNG

0 Kudos
vn11
Joining in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Today's graph: My Broadband Ping - Virgin
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vn11,

Thank you for coming back to me soon and posting your Hub stats here Smiley Happy

I can see a few spikes and from what I can gather you do have quite a few T3 timeouts on the connection, which would give a sign that there is something going on indeed. Just to be sure before we investigate further, can you please reboot the Hub? 

I'll be in tomorrow and will be able to test again. 

All the best and take care.

Ben

0 Kudos