Menu
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Slower than before!

Hi

I was on Vivid100 package for quite a while. I was getting almost any time of day and night around 80-107mbps connection. Steam, Origin (you name it) were downloading games between 9.7mbps and 11.4mbps. That's on wired connection when I had old SuperHub (1.0? )

Now I have upgraded to Vivid200, got new SuperHub 3.0 and on wired connection (my PC with 1Gbps NIC) I have not seen my download speeds to go above 6mbps in any of my apps. And Speedtest detects no more than 76mbps or so. No matter time of a day or night.

Wireless however, 2.4GHz is something around 120mbps on speedtest.net, and 5GHz over 140mbps.

Any other device gets same speeds as the PC ... So what do I pay for? I still have 12 days to cancel the order.

What is wrong with the ethernet of this device? Shouldn't it prioritize LAN??

Also my speeds are not consistent. At midnight I can test on my phone, and I get over 100mbps, and 20 mins later on same phone I barely get 5mbps...?? 

Postcode: BS34 7BT

Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slower than before!

Nearly 1am (10mins away). Phone on 2.4GHz (S6 edge), phone on 5GHz (OnePlus 3) and my PC (direct Ethernet connection) does not achieve anything higher than 70mbps. Sweet.

Time to contact VM about this. 

speeds.png

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 53
Flag for a moderator

For the past hour been trying to watch 20 min clip. No. Internet keeps dropping. On both Wireless and Wired! Resetting router does not help.

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Had a Live Chat with VM yesterday. They don't seem to understand, that:

1. Speeds are not consistent even at night. 3am and speeds were still below 100mbps

2. Direct Ethernet connection is slower than WiFi! On WiFi I was able to get 220mbps (YES 220!) but direct Ethernet when all other devices been disconnected, never got above 70mbps.

Disappointed. And no replies here from VM. Shame on you.

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Still nothing. Speeds still below 100Mbps, which were FINE before "upgrade" to 200Mbps.

Disappointed I haven't left VM... Now I am stuck with this for 12 months.

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 53
Flag for a moderator

00:19

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6014538270

That's a supposed "upgrade" from 100Mbps to 200Mbps.

Only 1 PC connected, with 1m Ethernet (Cat 6) cable. No other devices on WiFi or Ethernet. 

0 Kudos
Mcgaz
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I think there are some problems with this super hub 3. It certainly does not offer stable pings, but perhaps it also damages the connection.

The forum answers only seem to come on threads 2 weeks old. I think if you reply to your threads you essentially move your question to the bottom of the queue.

Really, the forum is no help in this respect and you'd be better calling in - especially with your limited time frame.

Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 53
Flag for a moderator

I already noticed VM takes ages to answer forum posts.

However to keep evidence of this "service", I will continue to add link to a result + img itself.

00:36

Hard wired connection. Different (Cat 5e) cable. Only my PC being connected.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6017586603

0 Kudos
Nichrome
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Ok. 01:04

First things first:
Hard wired connection, blah blah.
Results

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6026281038

Nowhere near 200Mbps. But obviously paying for 200Mbps. I am convinced this is simply said: theft.

Now other thing:
3rd Saturday->Sunday in a row, I am experiencing internet drops. That starts at around 23:00 Saturday, and lasts... I don't know. Usually I give up by 1am (Sunday). Drops happen every 1-10 mins, last for about 10-20 seconds. Enough for online TV player to tell me there is an issue, and require a page reload (and of course, move the timer to where I dropped the last moments). For online games, disconnection. In some games, no problem, but in other where I play ranked matches, it is not acceptable.

Not good enough VM, not good enough..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nichrome,

I'm honestly sorry about this happening after your upgrade. I think that if you're getting 70mb speeds (hard wired) consistently then that points to something other than traffic issues on the network. 

I appreciate that you have a gigabit NIC, thanks for the screen capture on that, and would like you to make sure you have either a Cat5e or Cat6 Ethernet cable please. Also would you check that your network card has the most up-to-date drivers?

Let me know how you get on with that and I'll see what else I can advise/do if further action is required.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos