Menu
Karenxxx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Slow

This virgin is starting to **bleep** me off now wished I judged stayed with sky and I'm got 17 mths to go **bleep** I hate it they lied to get me to join and now I have slow tv slow internet my boys are kicking off cos off the internet is there anything I can do to help this and if I end virgin how much would it cost to leave them

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow

Hey Karenxxx,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the slow speeds you're experiencing, I want to help with this.

I've taken a look at your connection and I don't see anything standing out in error. Are you using a wireless or a hard-wired connection? Do you notice if the speed alters at specific times of the day / night?

Please get back to us so we can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Karenxxx
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Its wireless I've tried everything but even the tv is slow never had this with sky very upsetting to know u moved and ended up the old one was better than what u have sign up for and tied up for 18mths just have to count down the mths 17 to go
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Only thing you haven't tried is wired then Smiley Wink maybe you should give that a go and see the good ol' stability come back.

Wireless is convenience, convenience has drawbacks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Karenxxx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yep understand but I shouldn't have to go to wired when on sky it was perfect but virgin saying I can get better speed with them save on money record more with them just feel been lied to was with sky for over 15 years thinking I shouldn't try and save money u pay for what you get better the devil u know but to be talked into it by virgin then it's a big let down and like I said it's not just the wifi it's the tv box I give up but thanks for ur help x
0 Kudos
Karenxxx
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get what I pay for can't wait counting down mths till I can get away
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Karenxxx,

Really sorry to hear about the connection fault experienced.

In no way do we want to lose your custom.

I haven't been able to detect any faults either via the equipment levels or network segment.

I would, however, suggest adjusting your wireless settings in order to improve this type of connection.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos