Menu
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Slow yet again in Bromley - F003259558

I hate to say this but I have well and truly had enough now. I have been ever so patient on this matter. It's even more of a slap in the face that prices are going up for the same old useless service. Pay more for worse service. Excellent! 

How about I get provided for the speed I pay for first of all?

I keep complaining, I'm told Yes Sir, It's being looked into and will be fixed on this date. Even went as high as the Exec Team TWICE, who assured me Yes Sir it will be fixed. 

Yes I get a slight discount of £10 for the degraded service, but thats IMO not a lot for the ongoing hassle. I essentially have a connection I CAN'T use during peak hours. I'm sick of phoning up, Sick of posting about this. I just want a working stable internet connection.

Just look at the latency on this along with packet loss, as you can see already it's turned to crap yet again. This is meant to be a 100mb line

http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160913173910-2555.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5628237337

Latency.PNG

This issue has been ongoing since Nov 2014 and I'm at the end of my patience. Every fix date keeps getting pushed back.

Been a customer since NTL 128KB Broadband days. Don't screw over the loyal long term customers Virgin!

Past post which links to all the other posts.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Slow-Speed-Yet-Again-BR4-Area/m-p/3087542

gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow yet again in Bromley - F003259558

2 or 3Mb/s every single evening. Simply a waste of time. 0.7Mb/s at last check.

I have purchased  a TalkTalk line as a backup for the evenings to allow the kids to play on the PS4, even at standard BB speeds it gives me a reliable 6Mb/s and good ping times.

I have upgraded my Three mobile contract to include a 30GB/m hotspot allowance so that I can use the internet in the evenings without wanting to smash my monitor screen. 60Mb/s non-stop all evening tonight. Thank you Three.

Out of common courtesy please simply tell us when, how, if, why F003259558 is going to be improved. We don't want 200Mb/s at peak times, no-one has use for that much internet, no-one is asking for 200Mb/s at peak times, simply a useable, stable, connection of at least 10% of the max speeds we are paying for. We don't want money back each month, we just want to live in 2016 and be able to trust and admire the company we are paying money to. At the moment simply by ignoring us you are alienting thousands of customers and killing your brand hour by hour.

I have a chance for 30 days to cancel my contract with VM due to the price rises. My choices are a copper 6Mb/s on its own or a fibre 13Mb/s on its own or a simply useless 200Mb/s continuation with VM. Please let me know what is happening to allow me to make a decision. You owe that to us.

jtjaeger
Tuning in
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting around 2mbps each evening and VM service indicator states all is well! Unable to watch 4k TV or anything on Internet. I've noticed this is very common in Bromley most evenings , where's my 50mbps I pay for? Had the front of the house drilled through and unsightly boxes attached for 2mbps! Never had this problem with talk talk etc.
0 Kudos
jtjaeger
Tuning in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

1.5 mb/s, I mean, really Virgin? Awful. Almost every evening.
0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Yay another awesome Sunday Evening 

Capture.PNG

This has gone on long enough!

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

HI Pixel, 

I've given in, they're giving me 12.50 off, I've invested it in a second internet connection. The maths isn't too bad to be honest.

Talktalk Fibre 17.70 line rental + 7.50 internet

= 25.20/m 

- 12.50 VM rebate 

=  12.70 outlay/m

x 12 = 152.40/year

- 94 topcashback = 58.40 /year

= £4.87 i have to find a month which completely defeats the object of using Virgin Media I know but for the sake of my sanity it is a small price to pay. It really was taking its toll on my family and our relationships having to ration the internet in the evenings with some missing out some nights and others the next (first world problems I know).

I have my two routers set up on timer plugs that switch off/on at 5.30pm and 12.30am with the same 2.4 and 5 Ghz network SSIDs and passwords.

I'm only getting 15Mb down and 2Mb up the TT line (i always knew fibre was bad here hence why went with VM) but it is so much better in the evenings than a 0.5 to 3 Mb down VM connection with awful ping and latency.

We don't have to ration any longer, ping times are great and stable Xbox and PS4 connections can run all evening even with ipads, laptops, phones going full pelt.

There are some good fibre deals on at the moment you can pick up as backup like http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-line-rental-64-a-year-mse-offer-2513029 , this works out even cheaper than my deal.

0 Kudos
gazzetta
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

An update to my situation.

So, I've had TalkTalk Fibre installed for a while now and must say the connection on a 14Mb/down and 1.5Mb/up connection is like a god send. All I was worried about was speed before but let me tell you there is much more to a good connection than speed.

My Talk Talk connection does not have the glittering numbers that Virgin promote, it is even probably one of the slowest VDSL/Fibre connections in the country as I am so far from the cabinet but here's an example.

Peak time experiment tonight ~ 10pm

Talk Talk : Stable 14Mb download -> 4 android boxes streaming TV content + Xbox One Fifa 17 online match = A couple of second buffering on only one box once.

Virgin Media : Unstable 1Mb to 9Mb (Vivid 200) download speeds -> 1 android box streaming TV content (nothing else) = Over 10 x 5-10 second buffering interruptions over a 20 minute period.

If anyone is reading this who is thinking of joining Virgin Media I will just say please beware. Speed is not everything. If you want to game online or stream films and tv reliably then as you can read on the hundreds of posts on this forum, VM might not be for you. 

Please ask about utilisation problems in your area before signing up, hopefully the sales staff will be honest with you as it is not mentioned on the advertising gumph which has left a very very sour taste in our mouths. It really does feel like being done over by a con-artist. Promising something and not being able to deliver and then milking you until your contract runs out.

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone going to get back to me?

Tonight was extra crap. 1280MS PING Time. A satellite connection has less latency!

LAG.JPG

Meant to be a 100mbps - http://speedof.me/show.php?img=160929195256-5614.png

130kbps Down
240kbps UP

Can i play online Games - No
Can I watch Netflix - No
Can I browse the internet without waiting ages for pages to load - No
Can I use my connection - NO
Can I remote onto any of my servers without dropping? - No
Have I got a price increase - YES

Thanks Virgin for my super fast line which now costs more! Welcome to NTL 2003 Speeds. This is grade A Junk

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

lag.PNG

Another wonderful Saturday of slowness!

0 Kudos
thepixel
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Did not think it could get any worse and then this happens!

This is covering fr yesterday to today

How is this acceptable? Seriously! Also 3 weeks and counting.................

0 Kudos