Menu
Tbay
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow unstable speed in NW1

hi guys,

For the past few days I've been experiencing very slow internet in the evening, to the tune of 5Mb down 5Mb up.

I'm on a 50Mb max package (recently "upgraded" to 70Mb) and quite frankly this is not acceptable even at peak times. I've received a letter a couple days ago informing me that the price will go up but I guess I'll be cancelling instead. 

Anybody got any ideas?

many thanks

TBay

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow unstable speed in NW1

Hey there TBay,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Apologies for the slow speeds you're getting right now, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I've taken a look at your connection and I can see that we're currently in the process of resolving a fault in your area under ref: F004770286 which is due for review on the 14th Dec. This type of fault can be responsible for reducing the speeds during peak times (evenings and weekends) and to rectify this we need to undertake upgrades on the network to support the level of demand in your area. 

I know this isn't the best news, so please accept my apologies and let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Tbay
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather

Thanks for the reply.

As you can imagine it's not acceptable to pay £40 a month for less than a tenth of the advertised speed (I could barely work today), only to hear that the issue may or may not be solved in... two months. Nobody in their right mind would accept to pay for that kind of service and I certainly won't.

I guess the next step is to unsubscribe and revoke direct debit since VM clearly has no intention of making good on their part of the contract.

Thanks for investigating anyway.

T

marklisa
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem I get 2.3mb out oth the supposed 150mb virgin is a joke engineer has told me Jan 11 before mine is fixed he said that's if they don't put the date back further. I think I will be canceling my contact as they are not worth the joke speeds I get
0 Kudos