Menu
Revilious
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Hello, I've been suffering from extreme drops in the speed of my wifi. This happens every single night. It usually drops at around 5pm and stops around 11pm. I was wondering if anybody at virgin media could help me to solve this issue. I've tried many things like using an Ethernet cable, changing channels to the least congested but still no fix. I have the 100mb/s broadband fibre optic.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Hi Revilious,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F003539805). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 29th March 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mbeastall
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm in exactly the same position and once again, my speed is terrible and hovering around the 12mb mark.  There has to be a solution to this and at least get me somewhere near the 150mb connection speed that I should be receiving.

I've rung Virgin several times and have even had an engineer visit as well as a replacement router and nothing has made any difference.

I've also received the same response about an issue in my area but this was originally confirmed way back in September last year.  The fix date was then moved to November, January, February and now I believe it's in April sometime.  In other words, the issue will not get fixed as no one cares enough but still expects me to £37.25 per month.

So frustrating as before my Vivid 'upgrade' I had an excellent serice and had no cause for complaint.  However, as soon as the upgrade happened so did all my issues to the point where my last speed test (around 5 minutes ago) resulted in a 9.75mb download speed.

0 Kudos
Revilious
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If that's the case then that's just ridiculous.
0 Kudos