Menu
robmcc1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Dear Virgin,

I recently signed up to virgin fibre broadband (50mbps). When this was first installed I was obtaining download speeds of around 50mbps. However now my speed is typically below 5mbps. I have called support and an automated message sated it would check my settings and make any requi=red adjustments but my speed remains as low as before. Please advise?

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Welcome to the high utilisation club, a member of the forum team will apologise in 7 days or so and supply you with a fault code you cannot look up and a review date that means nothing as its not a repair date.

In the meantime feel free to troll the forums on your 5Mb superfast broadband as its about the only page that loads in peek time and call India on 150 with the fault code the forum team provide to get a MASSIVE £3 diminished service refund for the month.

If you are not willing to put up with the lies and quite possibly YEARS of rubbish internet there are other providers available (once you start having issues you forever will!!!)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

Hello robmcc1,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

I'd like to apologies for the slow speeds you're currently experiencing, I appreciate this is frustrating. I've checked your connection and I'm sorry to report that we do have a fault in your area under ref: F003987110 which is due for review on the 10th May. This fault is known for reducing speeds, especially during peak time hours. I really so wish I had better news for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos