Menu
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds

Iv been getting very low speeds in evenings, sometimes when it's good (at best) I'll get 20-30 meg, but other times 4-6 meg.

I upgraded to the 70 to see if that made any difference but it didn't.

I had an engineer out, who changed cables, and put in a new super hub, but it's the same. He also said there was an issue with the box in the road, but can't see this in known problems.

It's currently 6meg. Can you see what's going on please. Getting fed up of the speeds varying so much. My neighbor just got Vodafone and my speed tests on his are 75meg for a 75 meg connection, wish virgin would give me the speeds I pay for.

Can you check and let me know if any issues and when they will get resolved please. As said it's all been changed my end (the engineer was excellent and friendly btw) so it must be the service / road box.

Ch49 7 area, Wirral

Thanks
Jamie
0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds

This morning upto 40meg, now this evening I'm back to 4mg. What's going on virgin. Is the hub in my road faulty? New router doing the same.
0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No Internet at all this morning. Has anyone gone to training standards or is there a government body to complain to? How are they getting away with advertising and selling speeds that no one ever gets. I have had 50 meg once or twice, so it's not hardware etc it's he service. Up and down Ike a yoyo, and 3meg in The evenings is unexceptable. They need watchdog or someone to give them a wake up call.
0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does virgin read this forum and reply?????

Back to 1.5mg his evening. Seems to be ok in the day, just shocking speeds in the evening, not even fast enough to run BBC iplayer!! Wish I went with Vodafone now
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Parapilot,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry that we've not replied sooner, we reply to posts based on the date of the last post, so multiple posts will alter your position in the queue.

I've checked your connection and I can see that we're currently working on a fault in your area under ref: F004136004 which is due for review on the 25th Jan. While this fault is on-going you may experience slow speeds during peak time hours.

I do apologise for this, let me know if you have anymore questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Review date is friday. Can you tell me what's been done please??

Speeds are still shocking slow. Getting fed up now. Is it getting fixed or is this just a con?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Parapilot,

Thanks for getting back in touch Smiley Happy

I really appreciate your continued patience. I've checked in on the fault in your area and I'm sorry to report it's still on-going with another review date coming up on the 5th July. We've got on-going plans for network upgrades but we will need bit more time to complete the work.

Thanks again for keeping in touch.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Whats been done is NOTHING as they are review dates and not repair dates.. It will NOT be fixed on the 5th of june or anytime soon.

0 Kudos
Parapilot
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

So fault F004136004 had a review date of 14/09/16 nothing happened. Then it went to 25/01/17, nothing happened. Now you have picked another date of 5/7/17!!!!!!!

If I wasn't paying for this service it would be comical. What a joke of a service, how do you get away with this.

I'm going to email watchdog and any regulators I can find. Please everyone with these shocking speeds do the same. Maybe some negative airtime will encourage change. Maybe wishful thinking.

Our speeds are terrible, 1-3mb in evenings. It's a fraction of what Im paying for. Feel so sorry for anyone paying for 200!!!!!

Have you done anything?

Can I cancel my service? Or do I need to wait until my contract is up? Even though I have never had anywhere near the speeds I agreed to in my side of the contract. Can you pm me if I can cancel. Had enough.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Parapilot, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look at fault ref F004136004 for slow speeds at peak times and the current review date is 06/12/2017. 

Obviously this is not the news you would have liked to hear, I do apologise for this. 

If you do wish to speak to some one about the length of your contract please do give us a call on 150 free from a Virgin Land line or 0345 454 1111 (usually come out of your minutes from any other phone). 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos