Menu
madcrazybonkers
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds in evening

Hi every night from 18:00/19:00 to midnight my speed drops from a solid 150 ish mb down to 6 or 10 mb thats not very usable we can just about surf the web but forgot our amazon fire stick. Have had an engineer out twice and now have been sent a new superhub 3 and still doing the same thing which is getting very annoying due to i dont drink or smoke but i do play an online space game that need a very stable connection which im not getting, so to some it up i pay for internet which i only get when im in work and pay to play a game that my internet does not work for when im home = not happy and this has been going on for over a year now Smiley Sad

At 21:35At 21:35

0 Kudos
JBMedia
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in evening

You are more than likely being throttled.

See this link and you will understand why your connection suffers.

https://my.virginmedia.com/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy-thresholds.html

0 Kudos
chandler
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same for me. Absolutely fed up of not being able to sit through a show on my Fire Stick without it freezing and crashing every few minutes. If this is because I'm being "throttled" I will have to go with a different provider, unless they all do it? The days of sitting at home reading plain text websites are gone, Virgin need to accommodate how their customers are using the internet.
0 Kudos
BigManA
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kind of sounds like you might be suffering from peak time utilisation issues, in which case hope that it isn't....

It took a year and five months for me to get my speeds back from over utilisation!
0 Kudos
chandler
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm new round here. What's the over utilisation doodah?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Evening madcrazybonkers,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to see you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

Looking at your connection, there is an issue with high traffic during peak hours with a reference number of F005082007.

To discuss this further, I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner).

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos