Menu
edbert209
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds in Fareham

Hopefully I'm not alone...

Since Friday my broadband speed has dropped from a healthy 200Mbps download to a poor 3 - 10 Mbps (speedof.me) or ~25Mbps (fast.com) (uploads still showing around 13Mbps)

There have been service issues in the area...and the engineer fix has constantly been moved into the future but from today there are no local issues. Tried the usual reboot etc but speeds are still poor

Anyone else experiencing this? or can the virgin team offer some help?

thanks

0 Kudos
Xaero
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow speeds in Fareham

I've had heavy issues the last few days and seems whenever they "fix" something it's broken again within a month and something else happens.

I've still got issues with mine currently in the PO15 part of Fareham even after the engineers apparently corrected the fault this afternoon.
0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yep your not on your own.... same issue since Friday in PO7. speeds vary through the day with various dropouts. seems to be at around 11mbs right now, but tomorrow?

I've been a VM customer since they were 'Cable n Wireless' I have to say internet has been relatively good until now.. When I think about it I'd say that its been erratic for some months now but never this bad... Beginning to wonder what speeds we've been getting these last few months... Seems prudent to be monitoring mine from now onward and keeping a record of it on speed.net. I should be on 100mbs
0 Kudos
edbert209
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good to know it's not just me

I also wonder how many people don't check or notice as they still have connectivity. I only started checking after Friday night when there was packet loss and real issues but since then it's been really poor... and still the same this morning. Maybe tomorrow?

0 Kudos
edbert209
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

10 hours later...

Tried the same tests and back to normal .. speed.me (200Mbs), fast.com (170Mbps). Will be interesting to see if it stays that way Smiley Happy

Hows everyone else looking?

0 Kudos
Mach13-13
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just checked mine again... (PO7)  have had 50-55mbs since yesterday afternoon... so that's a vast improvement... Hopefully a permanent fix.

0 Kudos